Battery Jumping / Not showing correct charge.

satana

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm running 2.3.4 - Bell Gingerbread. Rooted - ver 2.3.6.1
Prior to upgrading to Gingerbread...I never had any battery issues.

After Gingerbread...different story.
I have used the Battery Calibration as instructed several times....it will work for one charge and then it will be all over the place. I constantly need to reseat the battery several times before it will start to behave.

I have noticed when I charge my phone (40 % or less) while powered on....the green LED light will not come on let me knowits fully charged. When the phone is off...it does come on.

I have also checked this :

For ppl who has the same problem but don't like to go into the command terminal, here's a GUI way:
You need the root explorer or es file explorer. First mount the system folder as writable, then navigate to the file /system/bin/battd, long press and select permisson or properties. then set the permisson to: [user:rwx, group:r-x, other: r-x] (r:read,w:write,x:execute).

Any ideas...????

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used the calibration app too but it didnt fix it. this issue been discussed on a few other forums but I havent found a solution yet. It doesnt bother me much though, when the phone hits like 30% I reboot it and voila! it show 50 or 60, but that doesnt happen very often though. most of the time the stats are accurate.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, too. When my battery hits lower than I know it should be (like it's only been on for around 4 or 5 hours and it says like 60% or something), I just reboot it and when I look at it again, it's jumped up 20% to make 80%. It's annoying, but, I don't lose sleep over it. Have had much more severe problems with this phone than that, so, yeah...

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows a correct charge, but if I reboot my phone no matter how charged it is it will say its 100% again. And that is only on the good days. On the bad days it will say the phone is charging all day even if it isn't. This happens more often than not these days :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1