Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps Disappearing

Im about 2 weeks into owning the Atrix and Ive noticed over the past few days that some of my apps seem to be disappearing from my phone. The first time I really noticed it was when the amazon.com app disappeared. Im sure that I had it downloaded because I was using it to track a package. Another app that i know disappeared is my barcode scanner because I used it the night before to transfer a long link to my cell phone. When I went to use it this morning it was nowhere to be found.

This is my 4th android phone and it seems quite weird to me. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Default Re: Apps Disappearing

I have never discussed it on here before, but I have to be honest, it has happened to be a few times as well. One of the apps I use to study Japanese with has disappeared from my app drawer list, and the shortcut icon of it that used to be on one of my homescreens had completely vanished as well. I know for a fact I did not delete it, and no one else has access to my phone.

So I went to the market, went to "My Apps", and found it in the list of my apps, with the option to "Install" it where it should have said "Open" it. Somehow it uninstalled itself. I re-installed it and all was fine, but the mystery still remains. Not to mention, it did it again (the same app) at another time. And then I had the problem with another, completely unrelated app as well, "Hipmunk Flight" or whatever it's called, which is a flight tracker app.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Since Gingerbread I'm always having problems with apps and the market. I have Google search showing up in my apps list in the market as "not installed" but when I click on the app name the screen only gives the option to open. I constantly have app shortcuts that when I click them says the app is not installed but it is there in the app drawer still.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Mine does the same thing but sometimes they reappear after a few day

I thought it was my Apps to SD app so I uninstalled. Nope, it still does it.

I think it has to do with putting them to the sd card. There must be an issue with reading apps on the sd card with android or moto. Did you move all of your apps to phone memory after deleting your app 2 sd app? Unless you have hundreds of apps you should be ok using internal memory verus the sd card for apps.
    Last edited by planoman; 10-26-2011 at 06:02 PM.

I've had a few here and there too. They r still in my app drawer but have no idea how the shortcut is gone. All my apps are saved to phone memory, not SD card.