Would you buy a smart phone that doesn't have a replaceable batte

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just heard that the Razor doesn't have a replaceable battery. I wouldn't have a smart phone that didn't have a removable battery. Would you?

Atrix 4g
Captivate

Edit: battery was truncated

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, i have owned iphones, im currently writing this from my one year old galaxy tab. All of those devices have a non removable battery, but then again i dont flash or do things like that.

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I've never had a phone long enough that the battery failed. I'd prefer a non replaceable battery because that would mean a more sealed phone with less change of dust and lint to enter it.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the phone. Sealed battery is fine on my iPhone as it has great standby battery life. On my TBolt, I frequently need to swap batteries to get through the day.

Sent using Tapatalk

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Would you buy a smart phone that doesn't have a replaceable b

I used to have a 3gs and honestly it made me very mad because I had to charge instead of swapping a battery.I like phones that have removable batteries,even though some phones batteries suck hard as hell and compared to iphone.It really depends on how much battery the phone and it's Os handles battery.My Atrix handles battery really good,way better than my old iphone but nothing comes close to my old BlackBerry battery.
It depends on personal choice but I would say removable batteries are way more convenient.

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I would be OK with the Atrix not having a removable battery - but not a 4G LTE phone like the RAZR that is going to suck down the juice. On the other hand, the design of the Atrix provides some other benefits. I scratched up the corner and back a little bit - but they are all part of a removable back cover. I disposed of the scratched up cover and installed a new one and the phone is like new again.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

When I travel I use a 3500 mAh battery and back cover I got from engadget. It will last 3 or 4 days. Can't use an extended battery on a non-removable battery phone.

Atrix 4G

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Gee, all the iPhone people don't seem to complain about it... I also have to ask, where do you charge/store a spare battery??

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Gee, all the iPhone people don't seem to complain about it... I also have to ask, where do you charge/store a spare battery??

Spare battery chargers are all over the place, look it up or I'll give you a link to one. If you really can't think of a place to store, carry a spare battery then buy some clothes with pockets. Three of my kids have iPhones (New York and Atlanta) and they seem to be charging their phones quite often. As I said, you can't have an extended battery in a phone that has a non removable battery and pulling the battery can't be done for a reset. I know, non removable battery phones have a software reset. But I like the fact that I have control of the battery and can change it out when and if I want. Keep you iPhone like non-removable batteries, I'll have greater flexibility with a removable one.

Shawn James

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I had an iphone and it didn't bother me at all. I never had a phone long enough where the battery failed on me either.

shamilton

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Because you work in an office or like iOS. I AM NEITHER. DROIDS ROCK!!!! btw iphone works but not my style. I need something I can tear apart and rebuild...better. W/O too many cost issues...hence the V I still have not bricked. Kudos;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay