1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Default Atrix 4G network Indicator?

I have had my atrix for a few months and I just found out today that AT&T finally has 4G in my area. Can anyone tell me how I would know when I am on a 4G signal or how the network indicator will look on the notification banner? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Atrix 4G network Indicator?

Are you talking about hspa+ or 4g lte in your area? Atrix is only capable of the first and should show an h+ symbol depending on your theme. HSPA+ is att's version of 4g and has 14.4 mb limit on dl speed. 4g lte is a whole other technology requiring a 4g lte radio. Just download speedtest app from the market and you can check your speeds.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyutah22 View Post
    Are you talking about hspa+ or 4g lte in your area? Atrix is only capable of the first and should show an h+ symbol depending on your theme. HSPA+ is att's version of 4g and has 14.4 mb limit on dl speed. 4g lte is a whole other technology requiring a 4g lte radio. Just download speedtest app from the market and you can check your speeds.
    Well I have always been confused about the 4G/HSPA+ discussion. AT&T announced today that there is 4G in my area. So what I gather from your response is the Atrix doesn't pick up 4G, only HSPA+, although it is called a Motorola Atrix 4G or AT&T is using 4G loosely to describe their HSPA

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teddyp6 View Post
    Well I have always been confused about the 4G/HSPA+ discussion. AT&T announced today that there is 4G in my area. So what I gather from your response is the Atrix doesn't pick up 4G, only HSPA+, although it is called a Motorola Atrix 4G or AT&T is using 4G loosely to describe their HSPA
    You are correct. AT&T calls HSPA+ w/ enhanced backhall, 4G. They are calling the true 4G, 4G LTE.

And as johnny said, our original Atrix does not have the LTE radio so we are limited to the faster speed of the HSPA+. Also, as a side note, the Atrix 2 doesn't have an LTE radio also.

Kage_

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I am running the RedPill ROM and it displays the "H" with up/down arrows