Getting phone to charge is a pain.

jetgirlart

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Phone software is up to date, battery life is normal, etc. The only problem is when I need to charge it the charging is hit or miss, usually miss.

Example: Using the usb port on my pc - phone does not acknowledge that it has been plugged in, either does pc. Using the wall charger or car charger - phone acts like it is not plugged in. In order to get phone to accept the connections the usb cable has to be wiggled or positioned in a certain way else the connection will be lost.

I have three usb cables, one that came with the phone and two after market ones.

Since the problem remains regardless of the usb cable, I'm suspecting the issue is the female end inside the phone. Has anyone else had problems like this with their Atrix? Is it common?

Phone is over a year old and has no insurance, waiting till September/October to upgrade to a windows8 or iphone5 phone but in the meantime I need this thing to work. :)

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you, I think the port on the phone has gotten messed up, perhaps bent. If you can still get it to charge if you position the cord in a certain way, I'd try to have tape around so you can stick a piece of tape on it and get the cord to stay in that position to charge each time, until you can get your new phone. Or, you can buy a replacement microUSB part on the web for the Atrix, and replace the port yourself. People have done that before; it just depends on how comfortable YOU are with repairs. Another option is, of course, to use an older phone temporarily while you wait for October's Windows phone 8 or iPhone 5 announcements.

edit: You could also try the Atrix's HD Media dock. It plugs into the wall, and then the Atrix turns sideways (landscape) to plug into the dock, and charges that way...I believe it uses the HDMI port and USB port together to connect and charge...so I'm not sure if it'd work or not. Do you have one to try?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21