1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No service - battery dying

I have an Atrix that I've replaced with the Samsung Galaxy S3, so it is disconnected or unprovisioned or whatever the terminology is from AT&T. It still has a SIM card in it. I'd like to use some apps on the Atrix as kind of a mini-tablet where I won't need any access to AT&T, just maybe occasional WiFi. However, ever since AT&T "disabled" it when I got my Samsung, the battery dies in an hour or two. I even put the thing into airplane mode which I figured would disable all the radios.

It seems very unhappy not having access to AT&T. Is there some setting I can change to fix this? Besides airplane mode, I've gone into the settings and disabled most everything I could see that seemed adio related (like 3G and data). Unfortunately it isn't much use to me with the battery dying so fast. Thanks for any ideas.

Default Re: No service - battery dying

Rooted? Stock ROM?

If on stock, maybe try something like cm7 instead? I wonder if the att/moto firmware is doing some kind of polling even when it's supposed to be on airplane mode.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: No service - battery dying

I am rooted, but running stock ROM. That's a good idea though, let me find some time to install CM and give it a try and see if it helps. I'll report back.