What is my Atrix 4G worth?

Mikey von

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have moved on to an S3 and would like to sell my Atrix 4G. How much are these things worth?Best place to sell (Craigslist, Ebay, here - 50 posts seems a long way off)?

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
It is worth what you can get for it and thta doesn't seem to be much.

Motorola made a great phone then dropped the ball. No ICS update. No Skype drivers, no way to use the front camera for video calls unless the other people download Qik just to talk to you. Orphaned out of production, replaced by two cheaper models (no fingerscan, less memory) and competing with all sorts of new phones that are better supported.

And frankly mine's been replaced twice, I'm wondering how well it is or isn't made.

Depending on whether yours is worn, tired, scratched, unlocked? Maybe $50-100 depends on who wants to buy another one.
I know this will be my last Motorola phone, Moto just isn't what they used to be and now that Google owns them...I expect no support and no response on any problem and a lot of unfinished business.

Might be worth more for you to put aside as a spare. If you haven't unlocked it yet, call AT&T, they provide the code for free if you've been a customer for a while. Or put it on Ebay, shipping is cheap for something that small. The audience is large. Start if off at $25? and it will quickly go up to whatever it is worth.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Several things there.

If the DROID eris can still fetch 80$ then the atria is certainly worth more.

Because Google bought moto you can expect better, not worse.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
"Because Google bought moto you can expect better, not worse. "
Dude, you really need to consider Google's track record. They're a batch of schoolboy whizkids who don't FINISH anything and don't study history to find out what has worked or failed before them. That may work short-term but it is not how a business runs for any length of time.

For instance: For two years the town of Sunrise Florida, home of a major league sports stadium among other things, complained to Google that Google Maps was sending people four hours away to the wrong coast, indexing the town at the wrong location. No one replied until the mayor of the town went on the national news and embarrassed Google for the mistake AND the lack of feedback.

For instance, Google Googles has a quiet little icon that lets you use it to scan a business card into Google Contacts. And no documentation in either program to tell you that handy feature. But if you try to use it, Goggles dumps the entire address into one line without parsing it. Ooops? It doesn't work, and there was software on the Palm Treo that did work and did do that ten years ago.

Then there's Google Contacts itself. Again, the Palm Treo had a better integrated more efficient faster desktop ten years ago. Did Google even look at that before they wrote the Contacts app? Does Google offer any security for their contacts app? Any provision to store and run it locally, in case their cloud is hacked--as it has been--or the user goes off net, as some do? No. And there's no feedback, no response if you do post a complaint or ask for a feature update.

That's how Google works. No feedback, no official replies to anything, no attention to how other companies have built products or why they market has asked for features that Google has ignored. They've had some great ideas, but they have no follow-through. They don't run things to completion and they don't fix reported problems. Heck, even on Google Earth/Maps I've seen errors that folks tried to report, still uncorrected a year or two or three later.

A "GoogoRola" phone may be a great little thing that even makes a good cup of coffee, but if it does, I'll bet it only makes coffee one way and there's no provision to let the owner make that coffee without milk and sugar.

A great company answers the phone. Answers the mail. Responds to customers. Google? By now, they could have learned that, if anyone was paying attention to running a business instead of "Whoa, that's cool!".

Ask your wife.<G>

Joe H.

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It is worth what you can get for it and thta doesn't seem to be much.

Motorola made a great phone then dropped the ball. No ICS update. No Skype drivers, no way to use the front camera for video calls unless the other people download Qik just to talk to you. Orphaned out of production, replaced by two cheaper models (no fingerscan, less memory) and competing with all sorts of new phones that are better supported.

And frankly mine's been replaced twice, I'm wondering how well it is or isn't made.

Depending on whether yours is worn, tired, scratched, unlocked? Maybe $50-100 depends on who wants to buy another one.
I know this will be my last Motorola phone, Moto just isn't what they used to be and now that Google owns them...I expect no support and no response on any problem and a lot of unfinished business.

Might be worth more for you to put aside as a spare. If you haven't unlocked it yet, call AT&T, they provide the code for free if you've been a customer for a while. Or put it on Ebay, shipping is cheap for something that small. The audience is large. Start if off at $25? and it will quickly go up to whatever it is worth.

Tango and Skype work just fine on the Atrix

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Joe?
"Tango and Skype work just fine on the Atrix "
Tango, like Qik, is still the oddball app. When you ask people to give you a video call, the #1 app is Skype and that's what they probably have installed. So, forgetting whether I should tell everyone else to install Tango...

Last time I checked, Skype expressly did not support video on the Atrix. I see messages on web forums that they do support it now, but there's no reference on the Skype site. No more list of supported devices, and using Skype's "community" search still brings up a long list of complaints that it isn't available for the Atrix yet.

As the song says, "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came?"

If Skype won't tell anyone that the feature has been enabled, won't list the device as compatible, doesn't make it possible to find out about updates...you will forgive me for not getting a memo that never was sent out.

And since Skype has no echo test to confirm that video works, no now, I still have no way to find out if it works until I call someone with a real phone and ask them to set up a Skype video.

But thanks for the update, and let Skype know they owe you a day's pay for doing their job for them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz