1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random reboot and now dead

Had my Atrix 4G since March 2011 and it's been (mostly) wonderful. Rooted, but still running Motorola GB update. Over the last 9 months or so, it would randomly reboot at strange times, especially if I were ever outside of California. A couple weeks ago, it started doing this again all the time, until one morning it was no longer responsive. I have no reason to believe that the battery was dead, since it was at about 80% the night before. I can't plug it in to anything to get it to turn on or respond. I've been using my Palm Centro for the last 2 weeks and would love to have a working Android phone again.

Default Re: Random reboot and now dead

I had an Atrix 4G for 1 1/2 years and it started out of nowhere rebooting about 2 or 3 times a day. I got 3 refurbs through my Best Buy phone plan and they all had rebooting issues, even with very few apps loaded up on them. I went back to Best Buy and they wanted to give me another refurb and I put my foot down and said NO. They exchanged an LG Optimus G for the Atrix, they were happy to get me out of their hair and I was happy to have a new phone that worked.

Since you have had your Atrix since March 2011, it sounds like it is time for you to upgrade and get you a new phone. I would definitely look at an LTE phone.

Good luck.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (current phone)
    Google Nexus 7 (current tablet)
    LG Optimus G
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Samsung Captivate

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

When I had my Atrix 4G I would get random reboots every couple days. It would do it mostly when I was using the Internet on my phone.
    If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."

I swapped mine out in April 2011 on day 3, and it finally crapped itself last month and now Iam using an old ip 4...Atrix was far overrated, numerous issues and I will not buy another moto..s4 when AT&T gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk