Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    puja_g's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default Not really important but....

    I wanted to know if the Atrix will come preloaded with Swype?
  2. #2  
    btgrave's Avatar

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

    Default

    I believe it does. Don't remember which blog's hands on vid showed it, but one of them showed that you can change between swype and normal multi touch keyboard
  3. #3  
    textiaac's Avatar

    Posts
    545 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    These are the main preloaded apps:
    (MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T)

    MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G* comes preloaded with great apps:
    WEBTOP***
    Redefine the line between phone and laptop with this Internet-connected laptop-like experience

    FIREFOX® WEB BROWSER
    Full Firefox version 3.6***

    U-VERSE® MOBILE TV LIVE
    Download and watch your favorite TV shows

    QUICK OFFICE
    Office productivity software compatible with Microsoft® Office

    ‡AT&T Navigator requires a subscription.
    AT&T CODE SCANNER
    1D, 2D QR, and Matrix barcode scanner

    AT&T NAVIGATOR®‡
    Turn-by-turn navigation software

    GOOGLE APPS
    Google™ Search, Google Maps™, Gmail™, Voice Search™, YouTube™

    ANDROID™ MARKET
    Make your phone your own with thousands of apps from Android Market
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    puja_g's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by textiaac View Post
    These are the main preloaded apps:
    (MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T)

    MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G* comes preloaded with great apps:
    WEBTOP***
    Redefine the line between phone and laptop with this Internet-connected laptop-like experience

    FIREFOX® WEB BROWSER
    Full Firefox version 3.6***

    U-VERSE® MOBILE TV LIVE
    Download and watch your favorite TV shows

    QUICK OFFICE
    Office productivity software compatible with Microsoft® Office

    ‡AT&T Navigator requires a subscription.
    AT&T CODE SCANNER
    1D, 2D QR, and Matrix barcode scanner

    AT&T NAVIGATOR®‡
    Turn-by-turn navigation software

    GOOGLE APPS
    Google™ Search, Google Maps™, Gmail™, Voice Search™, YouTube™

    ANDROID™ MARKET
    Make your phone your own with thousands of apps from Android Market


    I saw this already, but I thought I'd ask anyways
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    puja_g's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    If I've already registered for the Swype BETA, I can just download that from my email and it will work?
  6. #6  

    Default

    no, because side-loading is disabled. so unless they release a version to the android market, you cant install it. (unless you use sideloader machine)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    puja_g's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graemegb View Post
    no, because side-loading is disabled. so unless they release a version to the android market, you cant install it. (unless you use sideloader machine)
    So that means I need to root the phone basically? :/
  8. #8  
    crea78's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

    Default

    I guess this is on topic but not sure; will we be able to use AppBrain with the Atrix and get apps that way. I believe I saw that program on a friend's Droid X but not quite sure.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puja_g View Post
    So that means I need to root the phone basically? :/
    Not at all. You can read up on the Sideload Wonder Machine here.

    I suspect that AT&T might eventually change its tune about out of Market apps but, in the meantime, the SWM will keep us running.
    puja_g likes this.
  10. #10  
    E_man's Avatar

    Posts
    491 Posts
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

    Default

    The bionic has it, so lets hope that the Atrix does as well.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    puja_g's Avatar

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battleship View Post
    Not at all. You can read up on the Sideload Wonder Machine here.

    I suspect that AT&T might eventually change its tune about out of Market apps but, in the meantime, the SWM will keep us running.
    Thanks so much for the link! I never liked the idea of rooting my first Android phone.. But this, is definitely what I wanted.
  12. #12  

Posting Permissions