Atrix or bionic - if networks didn't matter

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Atrix. The 1gb of ram for me is better than the better camera on the bionic. I don't us the camera that often anyways.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I heard that the 512 ddr2 On bionic is better then the regular 1 gig on atrix . Also 5 or 8 megapixel on a camera means almost nothing. My evo has 8 but my nexus 1 blew it away with 5

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I heard that the 512 ddr2 On bionic is better then the regular 1 gig on atrix . Also 5 or 8 megapixel on a camera means almost nothing. My evo has 8 but my nexus 1 blew it away with 5

Doesn't the Atrix have DDR2 memory as well? I also agree, MP doesn't really mean much when it comes to taking photos, it all depends on the optics.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with terpitude. The accessories make the Atrix better than the Bionic IMHO.

The processor will more than make up for any slowdown's caused by blur.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Atrix has DDR2.......it would just be silly to put DDR in it.

It will definitely have some form of DDR2 memory. I think the question is more whether it will use regular DDR2 (667 MHz) RAM or the LPDDR2 (600 MHz) LP = Low Power.

If I recall correctly it seemed like they made a point to call out the DDR2 RAM in the Bionic but didn't specify it for the Atrix during the announcement. If it didn't, I'm not sure how noticeable of a speed difference it would be anyways.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Per Engadget - the RAM is DDR2.

4G at CES 2011: AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile make big moves -- Engadget

Also - on numerous demonstrations - the Motorola staff mentioned the fact that the RAM is DDR2.

That said - I want the Atrix and would have gone to just about any network to get it. I have believed for a long time that much of AT&T's "network" issues are just as much iPhone hardware related as they are bandwidth. Motorola has a better reputation of building phones with good antenna's than Apple. I believe the Atrix will be a stellar performer on AT&T's network.

Due to the hardware - more RAM and better resolution screen (due to it having the same # of pixels in a smaller area), not to mention all the kick ass accessories - I believe the Atrix is far better than the Bionic. I am a disgruntled Verizon Wireless Storm users who's contract expired last November - and I can't wait to leave Verizon's slow network and crappy devices for a better overall experience.

Reactions: davidpquesada

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The atrix is a better device just because it packs more features than the bionic plus given the fact it wont be hampered by VZW slow 3g network I would choose the atrix in without a second thought.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I might actually have to say Bionic. The larger screen and nicer looking build might mean a little more than 1Gb or ram probably will, and I'm not sure I'll buy any accessories. Besides, half the ram might save a noticeable amount of power.

Still, I'm not complaining about the Atrix. Not sure I'll get it though. Depends on AT&T's MWC announcement (and any HTC dual cores that come with it)

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Besides, half the ram might save a noticeable amount of power.

Embedded DDR2 memory draws very little power in relation to LCD, radio, and cpu. You're unlikely going to notice increased battery usage on the Atrix, especially since the Bionic has a larger screen and LTE.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The atrix is a better device just because it packs more features than the bionic plus given the fact it wont be hampered by VZW slow 3g network I would choose the atrix in without a second thought.

Keep in mind that the Bionic is a 4G (LTE) phone, and therefore not limited by Verizon's slow 3G network if you happen to live in one of the 30+ markets with LTE services available.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I know that I would be able to use lte when I drive into Chicago or visit my family in Florida. But until lte is as wide spread as others I wont base a decision on it.

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I would probably say the Atrix as well. I am a Storm 2 user on VZW. I like my S2, don't get me wrong. But RIM just hasn't wowed me with their hardware lately. Android seems to be moving in my directing in terms of customization and usability. I have a NE2 coming up in June and if I don't see something revolutionary I am going to jump over to Android. BB's have worked for me for a while but until RIM puts a new OS into some solid new phones, I am going to have to try something different.

The idea of a sexy, high powered handset with a slew of sweet peripherals and a fast network that my area has access to NOW is just too tempting to pass up. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781