TV Commercial Already

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I saw a Motorola Atrix commercial on TV today, not ATT but Motorola. I know there were rumors about a March 1st launch but if the launch is another month and a half away why start now?

Maybe the launch is sooner than we all think. Let's hope!

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I saw a Motorola Atrix commercial on TV today, not ATT but Motorola. I know there were rumors about a March 1st launch but if the launch is another month and a half away why start now?

Maybe the launch is sooner than we all think. Let's hope!

Has to be early February. I mean iPhone isn't even advertising quite yet for a february launch for Verizon

I mean it just doesnt make much sense to me

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the March 1 date that has been shown in pictures is a "last possible target" date, for lack of a better term. In other words, we have to have it out no later than March 1, but if it's ready to go, we're launching earlier. And the commercials and advertising being indicative that they think they will be ready to go sooner than later?
I don't know, just the opinion of someone who buys phones, not manufactures or disitributes them.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree it seems a little early to be have an ad for phone with a march release date. They might as well start ads for the xoom also. I guess Motorola is trying to capitalize on the good previews/high praise the atrix got at ces.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the March 1 date that has been shown in pictures is a "last possible target" date, for lack of a better term. In other words, we have to have it out no later than March 1, but if it's ready to go, we're launching earlier. And the commercials and advertising being indicative that they think they will be ready to go sooner than later?
I don't know, just the opinion of someone who buys phones, not manufactures or disitributes them.

Lets hope so. I can imagine waiting another month for this. I have been waiting for this phone since it was called the "Olympus" (a long time), so Im getting antsy:confused:.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If it makes any difference, I was in a best buy mobile store the other day, and the AT&T rep was briefing the leads and GM about the Atrix and its features. I couldn't see the sheet they were all looking at, but I assume it had other info (like launch dates) as well.

Would the AT&T rep be briefing them if the launch was as far away as March 1st?

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, maybe they're trying to keep the excitement going- after all, they're expecting to lose millions of customers due to the Verizon iPhone.

Maybe hyping the Atrix 4G is their only hope to minimize the hemorrhaging of customers...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If it makes any difference, I was in a best buy mobile store the other day, and the AT&T rep was briefing the leads and GM about the Atrix and its features. I couldn't see the sheet they were all looking at, but I assume it had other info (like launch dates) as well.

Would the AT&T rep be briefing them if the launch was as far away as March 1st?

Could be. When I worked in Walmart Wireless for a period of time, we would get our Demo guides and Online "Quiz's" on new devices at LEAST 30 days prior to a launch, sometimes longer.

das8nt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm voting for last week of January or first week of February. The word from the reps showing the phone at CES was 'in the coming weeks.' The commercials rolling are another argument for an earlier than later release and AT&T wanting to misdirect from the VW iPhone launch is another.

But, that all could be me wanting to interpret it all that way. The sooner the better for me.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree w/ after the super bowl, cause remember the super bowl is a huge ad drawer. A lot of people watch the game just to see the funny commercials.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree w/ after the super bowl, cause remember the super bowl is a huge ad drawer. A lot of people watch the game just to see the funny commercials.

half the times i watch it just for the commercials. lol. especially when the teams playing arent teams i like. Ill dvr it and fast foward t he game lol.

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with that. Hopefully they release it soon. I would love to get it but I got a few years before I can upgrade.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The thing I find a little strange is that the Ad doesn't really "fit" during the slot they are airing it. I mean, you're watching a play-off game (where I saw it) with some friends, yelling at the refs for cheating, etc., and then the Ad comes on. A teaser Ad like that might be fine, but the average person is not going to run and get their laptop during a football game for a teaser Ad.

Now, if you throw a little more "nerd" speak into that "fasted phone" stuff (every company has the "greatest" phone), I think you have a winner. Give the people something that they will remember after the game.

If you say something like "With a dual-core, 16GB included storage, etc.." the Atrix is the fastest phone ever, they'll go "Wow Dual-Core! I thought only laptops had that, cool, I'll check that out". Just my thoughts.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Now, if you throw a little more "nerd" speak into that "fasted phone" stuff (every company has the "greatest" phone), I think you have a winner. Give the people something that they will remember after the game.

If you say something like "With a dual-core, 16GB included storage, etc.." the Atrix is the fastest phone ever, they'll go "Wow Dual-Core! I thought only laptops had that, cool, I'll check that out". Just my thoughts.

I agree, Americans are easily "wowed" by large numbers.

Remember the "Droid Does" ads, it needs that kind of flare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995