Atrix bootloader is locked

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Not surprised. Every Motorola Android phone has a locked bootloader (even the original Droid, except it was weak)

That said, whichever PR person managing Moto's Youtube account doesn't sound very professional. It appears they hired some kid to handle comments...

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Not suprised either but am shocked at the attitude given. I think someone should be looking for a new job. I know if I saw that I would fire them. And since it has hit here on the main page if will be on every blog before the night is done.

Hootermancs

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Damnit Motorola. And I really wanted to get a Bionic & Xoom too. :(

Thanks to their asshat loader-strategy, and Samsung's pisspoor OS upgrade performance. It looks like I'm stuck on HTC products.

Oh well, here's hoping HTC comes out firing on all cylinders when they give us some Tablet and dual-core phone love.

paleh0rse

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I had been considering both the Atrix and the Xoom... but, not anymore.

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex while not being allowed to climax... it may be fun for a minute or two; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?! :(

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex without being allowed to climax... it's fun for a minute; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?! :(

Unless Moto has found some new way to lock down the phone they have not been able to prevent custom roms. It is custom kernels that are a no go.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Using Android without custom Roms is like having sex while not being allowed to climax... it may be fun for a minute or two; but, at the end of the day, what's the f'n point?! :(

you're still having sex as opposed to your hand.

I'll take the sex. Thank you!

paleh0rse

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
you're still having sex as opposed to your hand.

I'll take the sex. Thank you!
You're mistakenly assuming that your hand is the only other option.

I'd rather sleep with an 8 or a 9 that will go the distance, than a 10 who won't let me finish... But maybe that's just me?

ray6712

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You guys must remember that we are a very small minority and that most customers will never use these phones to their full capabilities, In that I will continue to support motorola my X has served me well

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You're mistakenly assuming that your hand is the only other option.

I'd rather sleep with an 8 or a 9 that will go the distance, than a 10 who won't let me finish... But maybe that's just me?

Now you're just massaging the wording. He said "having sex without being allowed to climax". It wasn't based on a specific person, but the act as a whole.

Back to the topic at hand, I still would take a super awesome up to date phone that I actually want with just having to wait a while before it gets cracked vs. a phone I don't really want that is already cracked.

You guys must remember that we are a very small minority and that most customers will never use these phones to their full capabilities, In that I will continue to support motorola my X has served me well

Yup!