Who's getting one?

Are you getting the Motorola Artix?

• Total voters

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Over the past year I have tested the Android waters but as a ATTWS customer I did not want to port my number or have service from another carrier that I would not use on a everyday basis. After the CES announcement I was initial excited about the HTC Inspire 4G, HTC always seems to do a great job. However I have come around and now plan on picking up the Atrix. The spec's look great and after watching all the video's of the laptop dock I have to try this. I plan on picking up a Atrix on day 1 along with a laptop docking station.

Anybody else decided to get one yet?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting one on day 1 for sure. Price be damned! :D I may wait on the laptop dock and that's a big may. Knowing me, I'll see one and get it when I get the phone.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The biggest MUST-HAVE item that has kept me from many of today's Android devices: battery life & bad networks. My BB Torch gets slammed all day and makes it through an entire workday and late party evening without needed an outlet. I love AT&T's data network and refused to move to Big Red or Sprint for slower speeds. Sprint almost had me with the EVO as it performed well, but the dismal battery life killed it.

I'm getting one of these bad boys day one and hoping it can go the distance with it's epic battery size. Otherwise sweet, sweet Blackberry remains king. *sigh*

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably getting one with laptop dock on day one. ATT is by far cheapest service for me on family plan since we don't use text and I get a discount through work. Plus I have the unlimited data plan. Glad they finally have some good hardware. I've been using Nexus1 since summer and that is still decent hardware. The only hesitation I have on the Attrix is that I think there's a good chance for a new high-end nexus by year end. (Not Nexus S that should be unsubsidized on ATT soon, but something dual core.)

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am eligible for an upgrade on 11 Feb. So assuming it comes out around 1 March, I'm golden. I was really hoping that RIM would come out with a really awesome BlackBerry, but it just hasn't happened. I really really wanted a front-facing camera and even though some of the rumored devices look really great, none are supposed to have front facing cameras.

This leaves me with either the iPhone of Android phones. I'm making a decision on the Atrix without ever touching the device, based only on specs and Motorola's reputation. I'm also interested in the car and desk docks, but not the laptop or multimedia docks. So I hope you don't need those accessories in order to appreciate this device.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I want one but im not sure if i can wait till march if that is the release date. I might jump to the inspire but i prefer the atrix. Dual core will definitely make it a phone that will last till next upgrade.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bought the Nexus One in January 2010 to test out Android after much online research (switched from years on Blackberry.....tried the iPhone the prior summer). Love Android to death, and have been patiently waiting for 'that one' phone to come out. Finally what I've been waiting for is in the Atrix, so I will be buying this one without any doubt (on day one) :cool:

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I plan to get one on day 1, unless sanity prevails and I decide to wait till my upgrade date which is around March 18. But I'm insane and don't care for the contract that come with the upgrade price anyway.

sma11s101

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably wait a couple of days to see what online reviews have to say. It will almost certainly be awesome, but I would hate to lock into a 2 year contract to find the battery doesn't last all day.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm 99.9% sure I'll be in line on day 1. As far as docks, not sure; depends on prices. Priority docks would be the car dock and multimedia dock, in that order.

Can't wait!!! :p :D

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What's the line usually like for an android phone? I've done the whole preorder for iphone stuff and it's a pita

SOG_Bulldog

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been debating on the Atrix, the Inspire, or a Captivate. I am coming from a 3G Iphone. That I jail broke the day I got it. Android to me offers everything stock that I jail broke my iphone to get.
Anyway long story short I am wanting a device that is to some extent "future proof", and that I can get my hands on. Luckily, I can upgrade Feb. 23 so I don't have to worry about the price as much. My concern with the Atrix is how/if the different docks will work if I should root the phone and install a newer version of Android that Motorola doesn't send out.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been debating on the Atrix, the Inspire, or a Captivate. I am coming from a 3G Iphone.... My concern with the Atrix is how/if the different docks will work if I should root the phone and install a newer version of Android that Motorola doesn't send out.

The atrix, specification wise, easily out matches the inspire and captivate. The only phone for att that will rival it is the samsung infuse (Q2/Q3 release), so the answer to the first part of your question is a no brainer; either get the atrix or wait for the infuse.

As to your second concern. The docking feature is an extra feature that 50% of users will not use. No other phone has this feature and thus if the atrix losses this feature because of a rom you install it will not be a huge loss. I imagine that the HDMI out put will still work under most roms. So this is really a non-issue, because if you want to dock the atrix is number 1 and if you dont it is still the best smart phone hands down.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been debating on the Atrix, the Inspire, or a Captivate. I am coming from a 3G Iphone. That I jail broke the day I got it. Android to me offers everything stock that I jail broke my iphone to get.
Anyway long story short I am wanting a device that is to some extent "future proof", and that I can get my hands on. Luckily, I can upgrade Feb. 23 so I don't have to worry about the price as much. My concern with the Atrix is how/if the different docks will work if I should root the phone and install a newer version of Android that Motorola doesn't send out.

Definitely don't go with the captivate, especially if you are signing a 2 year contract.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What's the line usually like for an android phone? I've done the whole preorder for iphone stuff and it's a pita

Not nearly as bad due to the fact that there are many different phones & makers to choose from. The iPhone has a yearly release, and there is only one model from one manufacturer so anyone on the platform wanting a new phone has to get the same one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1