Atrix Reviews are Coming In!

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to dropping my X for this and saying "Holla" to the Bolt. I'll eat the $75 early term left on my contract, cuz I bought my X on ebay(Thanks, Jerry!!). AT&T is quite solid in my area, on par with Big Red, in fact. This thing looks sick. Oh, and I agree, the laptop dock is like Hayden Panettiere's acting...meh:)

Are you sure its only 75 bucks for your ETF? You should double check that.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is sad:

"You can also connect the Atrix 4G directly to a TV using a mini HDMI-to-HDMi cable. While this doesn't let you use the webtop interface, it does bring up the Entertainment Center UI on your TV."

Hopefully AndroidCentral can test this out!

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is sad:

"You can also connect the Atrix 4G directly to a TV using a mini HDMI-to-HDMi cable. While this doesn't let you use the webtop interface, it does bring up the Entertainment Center UI on your TV."

Will it also allow for mirroring?

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is sad:

damn, that is a bummer.

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if they are certain about webtop not working via the cable. I saw mention that it worked with the multimedia dock, and I could almost swear I saw a guy on one of the CES videos go in there and dismiss the entertainment center app and manually run webtop.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they are certain about webtop not working via the cable. I saw mention that it worked with the multimedia dock, and I could almost swear I saw a guy on one of the CES videos go in there and dismiss the entertainment center app and manually run webtop.

I think it will work with the dock buy that's because the dock tells the phone it's being docked while the cable doesn't. These are essentially smart docks.

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but that could just be a magnet like with the Droid docks.

He's right. At the Atrix training they told us that they have identifier magnets in each dock so when you dock it in the living room it remembers if you want to go to entertainment and if you have it in your room also it can remember that you just like it to go straight to alarm clock and the one in the car enters the phone into a car mode for you which looked very similar to vlingo's in car and since it comes preloaded with vlingo that didn't surprise me.

tawfiqmp

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I see mixed reviews on the laptop dock. I'm not one to get the dock anyways.. but the general consensus is that it's a great phone aside from Motoblur. I wish it had Gingerbread on it. Most people also say they aren't able to tell the difference between dual and single core so I guess we'll have to see how this phone (aside from the docks) can be used to it's fullest.

stonecoldjedi

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I said from the start that the laptop dock was pointless. If you want to use a bigger screen, use your regular computer. I just want the kick-ass phone.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I see mixed reviews on the laptop dock. I'm not one to get the dock anyways.. but the general consensus is that it's a great phone aside from Motoblur. I wish it had Gingerbread on it. Most people also say they aren't able to tell the difference between dual and single core so I guess we'll have to see how this phone (aside from the docks) can be used to it's fullest.

well supposedly the dual core wont really be fully utilized until 2.4 update supposedly so right now it wont help much probably but it offer great longevity.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My biggest concern is still the locked bootloader. If they can manage to break it, that would be a huge win, and allow the phone to stay relevant long past Motorola's support wears off (look at the original Droid- runs 2.3 on custom roms like a champ). We haven't even been promised 2.4 yet- Moto has stated that 2.3 support will come eventually, but I wouldn't be the least bit upset if Moto skips 2.3 and releases 2.4 for the Atrix.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
well supposedly the dual core wont really be fully utilized until 2.4 update supposedly so right now it wont help much probably but it offer great longevity.

That's the way I understood it too. The reviews kept talking about dual core this and that, but it was my understanding that the OS isn't optimized for dual core. That would prevent apps from making use of the second core.

I'm also curious about the front-facing camera. It was my understanding that Froyo can't make use of that camera, but then I read that the app Qik can? So I'm confused, can we use the front-facing camera or not?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious about the front-facing camera. It was my understanding that Froyo can't make use of that camera, but then I read that the app Qik can? So I'm confused, can we use the front-facing camera or not?

My Galaxy Tab running Froyo allows for use of the FFC in Qik. Not sure how that speaks to the Atrix and it's FFC.

If I had to guess I'd say AT&T probably locked it down to.:mad: