Will you be preordering the atrix?

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I might be preordering the atrix on Sunday. But the question that's been going on is, how future proof it is.
Huge Spec Leak: Wildfire 2, Desire 2, Desire HD2, and Galaxy S2 | Android Phone Fans
Thanks
The leaked specs show us that this phone will still be one of the fastest for at least six months.

Keep in mind that the dual-core 1.2 Ghz Snapdragons won't be faster than the 1 Ghz Tegra2s. The CortexA9s (CPUs used in the Tegras) support out-of-order execution and faster FPU instructions so their IPC will be somewhat higher than older CortexA8 and Scorpion cores. Also, IIRC the Tegras are fabbed on a 40nm process while the Snapdragons are 45nm, so they have an added efficiency advantage.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The leaked specs show us that this phone will still be one of the fastest for at least six months.

Keep in mind that the dual-core 1.2 Ghz Snapdragons won't be faster than the 1 Ghz Tegra2s. The CortexA9s (CPUs used in the Tegras) support out-of-order execution and faster FPU instructions so their IPC will be somewhat higher than older CortexA8 and Scorpion cores. Also, IIRC the Tegras are fabbed on a 40nm process while the Snapdragons are 45nm, so they have an added efficiency advantage.

The Adreno 205 sounds nice though... still not a huge improvement over tegra 2.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The Adreno 205 sounds nice though... still not a huge improvement over tegra 2.
Andreno 205 is already dated- that's the GPU used in the G2, Desire Z, Evo Shift 4G, and Thunderbolt. Somehow I think that may be a typo, since it's been widely reported for a while that the dual-core Snapdragons will be using the Andreno 220.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I have to laugh at the issue over wondering if your phone will be "future proof". There is no such thing. Any phone will be outdated within 6-12 months of purchase. The question is if you like the phone and want to buy it now. If you get it now...you will have the best phone available for some time...then you just ride out your two year contract while you wait for the next greatest thing to come out.

I plan on getting the phone with the vehicle, charging and HD Media dock. I was going to get the laptop dock...but not for $300.00 (after rebate) and with the required tethering plan. AT&T lost that bit of business on me.

Here's hoping that the phone ships sooner than the 6th!

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably, as long as the off-contract price isn't more than 600. Still hoping for a decent phone/laptop dock off-contract price too, but we'll see. I'm bored of my 9700, and I really want to make the switch to Android.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I plan on ordering the phone on Sunday. It has what I'm looking for in a new phone, at a price I'm willing to pay (phone only), and as long as I can keep my unlimited data...I'm happy.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I plan on ordering the phone on Sunday. It has what I'm looking for in a new phone, at a price I'm willing to pay (phone only), and as long as I can keep my unlimited data...I'm happy.

Im with you, although if something htc gets announced as dual core i might leave AT&T. Well see sunday will be a very intriguing day after all. I wont pre-order till after sunday.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought that offer was only for iPhone users? Cool, though I'll probably never need them before they expire (I already have over 4000 rollover minutes).

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought that offer was only for iPhone users? Cool, though I'll probably never need them before they expire (I already have over 4000 rollover minutes).

Yeah, we've got about 5K and with the addition of the new M2AM I'll never need these but I figured if their giving, I'm taking.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I texted it, but didn't get anything back confirming. I changed from a 1400 minute plan to a 700 minute plan and lost about 9000 rollover minutes in the process, but this will be nice to make up for it.

das8nt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it myself and got the confirmation text back in about 30-45 seconds.

But, even though I sent it from a different line, there is an iPhone on another line on my account. So, I can't say for sure it works for everyone.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it myself and got the confirmation text back in about 30-45 seconds.

But, even though I sent it from a different line, there is an iPhone on another line on my account. So, I can't say for sure it works for everyone.

No *Phones on our account. My wife and I both did it so it will be interesting to see if we get 2k minutes

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I plan on pre ordering. I have never been the type to pre order or be the first person to have the new best thing, but to be honest I am fed slap up with Mother Apples crap. Jailbreaking helps, but not by much.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, those pre-ordering can start picking up their Atrix accessories at AT&T stores starting this weekend:
IMG_20110211_095426.jpg

Amazing how until now, I've never seen anyone make an anti-fingerprint and anti-glare screen protector lol

*taken from AndroidForums

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante