Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Honestly...?

    What's the big deal about the Atrix?

    With the laptop dock and all these accessories???

    What's the point of all of it.

    If it had a bigger screen I might consider it but I'll be buying the HTC Inspire instead.
  2. #2  
    Bloodkip's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

    Default

    Nobody is forcing you to buy it, it's expensive to a early adopter. In a couple months prices will go down.
  3. #3  

    Default

    It's not even dual core and the screen on the inspire is .3 inches bigger.

    your loss but again its your hard earned cash.
  4. #4  
    Jaredshoes's Avatar

    Posts
    462 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Well its a big step in android hardware as well with the dual core procsessor and all the cool docks its coming with, the inspire is justa desire HD but have fun with it
    EDIT: it has 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, a "gHD" display, a fingerprint recognizer, and a powerful 1930 mAh battery this thing is awesome

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    nothing nothing nothing
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Price doesn't bother me on the Atrix. I never said anybody was forcing me to buy it. I'm just wondering what's so great about it that so many people are pre-ordering. I went in last Sunday to take a look at the Inspire and 2 people were there pre-ordering an Atrix.
  6. #6  

    Default

    What is so great about the inspire?
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirGeorgeKillian View Post
    What is so great about the inspire?
    Well, it's not the iPhone! That's about the best I can come up with
  8. #8  

    Default

    No, not HTC inspire, you will regret. The CPU is quite slow, and lag to play movie. The battery life is just rediculous shortttt. I have one from Costco and will return it when Atrix is out.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Well, I have BEEN waiting for a decent sized HTC Android phone to come to AT&T and don't really want to pass this up. Plus I really don't like Moto Blur and i know theres other launchers, but still.
  10. #10  
    Jaredshoes's Avatar

    Posts
    462 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripperGetem View Post
    Well, I have BEEN waiting for a decent sized HTC Android phone to come to AT&T and don't really want to pass this up. Plus I really don't like Moto Blur and i know theres other launchers, but still.
    Lol wut? Theres 3rd party launchers u can download man u can even flash a sense rom if you want!


    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    nothing nothing nothing
  11. #11  

    Default

    I had been one of those waiting for a high-end HTC android device on AT&T too. When I heard about the Inspire, I was all set. Until I learned more about the specs, that is...don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone too, and I actually prefer HTC's hardware aesthetically over any other manufacturer's hardware - it's just, compare the specs man. Atrix's specs compared to Inspire's. It wins without even looking at the accessory side of things yet. The Inspire is nice but, for me personally, it has some pretty huge disadvantages, particularly that whole battery thing being tiny as hell and non-upgradeable to a larger one. Compare that to the Atrix's 1930mAh one and I may not even ever need a 2nd battery to begin with, especially if I don't get the laptop dock, which I'm leaning towards not getting. I wish the screen were super AMOLED or super AMOLED +, but I can live with the qHD screen. The Inspire's is .3 inches larger, which is great & all, but I actually prefer the 4" to the 4.3" phones. Looks-wise, 4.3" is cool as all get out, but for practical use, I find myself personally favoring the 4" when I hold them in the stores. Navigating around with one hand is easier for me.

    Anyway, I'm sure there's a whole lot more that could be said for either phone. They're both great phones, but I'm hoping that the Atrix's specs will keep it still slightly relevant for awhile, while the Inspire's specs are already..well, not outdated or anything, but, they're lower than the Atrix for sure.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    textiaac's Avatar

    Posts
    545 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    2 Things:
    ~No More Rant Threads.
    ~No More Repeating The Same Argument; as in stop repeating the fact that the Atrix pwns the inspire in every way (which it in fact does).


    Last edited by textiaac; 02-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonneh View Post
    Compare that to the Atrix's 1930mAh one and I may not even ever need a 2nd battery to begin with, especially if I don't get the laptop dock, which I'm leaning towards not getting.
    Why would you need a 2nd battery more if you had the laptop dock? The dock has batteries inside, while the phone is docked, it is also being charged.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Good point, forgot about that fact.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripperGetem View Post
    ... but I'll be buying the HTC Inspire instead.
    Don't do it, unless its a stop gap until the Atrix comes out. The Inspire, though a nice phone by all means... battery life is not good, screen is so-so, that pesky battery door/flip, weight is pushing 6 oz, has some lag on music/video functions. It's a good phone for $99 ATT or $49-$79 Costco, but it will leave you wanting more. There was a review on this device that nailed it just right and I can't recall who said it, but it was "a great entry level smart phone for AT&T users".

    Just my 2 pennies of course, based on my experience with the device. (Been using it since Sunday).
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAspec View Post
    Don't do it, unless its a stop gap until the Atrix comes out. The Inspire, though a nice phone by all means... battery life is not good, screen is so-so, that pesky battery door/flip, weight is pushing 6 oz, has some lag on music/video functions. It's a good phone for $99 ATT or $49-$79 Costco, but it will leave you wanting more. There was a review on this device that nailed it just right and I can't recall who said it, but it was "a great entry level smart phone for AT&T users".

    Just my 2 pennies of course, based on my experience with the device. (Been using it since Sunday).
    True. I also use the inspire from Sunday. From my point of view, the HTC inspire is marketed as a Mid-end smartphone compared to Atrix. The battery cover is just suck, you have to use a knife to get it open...(true, the costco rep used this method), and I found out that I can't play Dungeon Defenders on this phone. Crash on the beginning screen....

    If you have the budget, then don't waste your money on Inspre. Atrix is the best choice.

Posting Permissions

B