who's getting a dock?

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just curious who is picking up either the laptop or media/desktop dock? I was originally thinking hell yeah i'm getting the laptop and maybe about the desktop dock. But now that I'm reading the laptop is slow and you have to buy the additional monthly 4gb tether, i'm not so sure. Plus i'm not sure on the exact cost of it. engadget has the laptop listed as $500. That's really effing high. I've also seen $399 w/100 rebate from ATT online, and that is a bit steep too. I was hoping for a max of $250.

I read that costco/amazon will have the phone for $150 and the dock for the same.

So with all this, who's getting a dock and which one?

At these rumored high prices, i think i'm going to wait to see if they come down. Or perhaps I'll just get a xoom or something... (yes i know it's more expensive)???

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the phone with the laptop dock, vehicle dock and standard charging dock. Hopefully I have them by Saturday or Monday at the latest.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the laptop dock. It comes with a 14 day return policy so I figured why not.
I'll be using Google Docs and logmein. Hopefully it'll run good in it.

Askia32

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you use the multimedia dock for music and movies on a big screen, won't you get the annoying feedback from the phone being too close to the speakers?

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I will probably get the multimedia package but only because my wife can get us a disount on it, no way would I pay $189 for it. At the very least I will get the regular desktop dock but I could always use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse around here.

Like most people I would really love to have a laptop dock but the price is ridiculous and I refuse to give in. Ill wait for a 3rd part laptop dock or wait for the motorola version to drop in price.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No docks. HDMI cable should be sufficient enough. I've already got a killer dual core netbook with a battery life and performance (and price) puts the Atrix laptop dock to shame. :)

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the HD dock with the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I refuse to pay more than 200 for the laptop, and that is pushing it. I also got the vehicle dock, hoping to use this to replace my 2 year old garmin, and what do you know the gps app I want is the same price as a new map for my old unit...

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was an option for these like there is on the iPhones for car stereos. You can control the iPods from the stereo with the right dock, for now it looks like we will be using an AUX in...

hagalah

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got a laptop dock as well. I am not worry about the speed, as long as it can do basic web browsing and word processing, then nothing to worry about.

You can still get good speed by using apps on the phone. And I believe Motorola will update the webtop apps in the future.

bobbiac

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I am getting a laptop dock. (By getting I mean I lost my fiscal senses yesterday and cancelled my multimedia + atrix preorder to order the dock and atrix combo.)

I know it's a bad "laptop." But bear with me for a second. From what I have seen, the issues are mostly software related. Historically, drivers have bug fixes and software gets optimized. "Ice Cream" seems to have the dual core optimizations to increase the webtop performance. Hopefully Moto can commit some nice bug fixes in the next 3 - 6 months. If you are hesitant, then wait, but I want to say "I was there." Plus I have a feeling this form factor isn't going away. It just makes too much sense.

I would like to see a laptop dock where the phone doesn't stick out. best place IMO is to friction fit it into where the trackpad is supposed to be. Plus the thing pretty much needs USB 3.0. Last but most importantly a SMALLER screen for the phone. qHD at 3.7 = win.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1