Radio Shack to sell Atrix for $150 on 22nd

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've read that the problem with buying from a 3rd party like the shack, wally world or best buy is they require you to sign up with a new plan or make changes to your existing plan that may cause you to lose some grandfathered packages.

any truth to this?

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
this would fit with the rumors of ordering from Amazon and buying from Costco.

Now, it will be interesting to see if the rumors of the laptop dock also being just $150 from costco and other 3rd party sellers will be true...???

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I've read that the problem with buying from a 3rd party like the shack, wally world or best buy is they require you to sign up with a new plan or make changes to your existing plan that may cause you to lose some grandfathered packages.

any truth to this?

I believe you are right.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll give $50 to know my plan stays intact and that my unlimited data is not jeopardized and that my status with AT&T remains the same.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

any truth to this?

Could be true but not from radio shack or Bestbuy, I upgraded one line at Bestbuy to a streak and was able to keep my unlimited data plan and I upgraded a iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 at radio shack and was able to keep my same plan down to my unlimited data also.

Reactions: jess.hickey

dominicanyorkjl

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
even though there will be retailers selling at a more appealing price i wont mind spending 50 dollars for peace of mind knowing that that someone didnt mess up my unlimited data unwillingly. even though i can use those 50 bucks for an otter box :-\

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I would feel a lot better about the $50 if I was actually getting it on Monday. I'm sure it will ship on Monday and be delivered on Tuesday when I'm out of town. So I might just reject the shipment, cancel my order (once the shipment has been rejected) and go to Radio Shack while I'm on travel and get the damn phone for $150.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Could be true but not from radio shack or Bestbuy, I upgraded one line at Bestbuy to a streak and was able to keep my unlimited data plan and I upgraded a iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4 at radio shack and was able to keep my same plan down to my unlimited data also.

That is the BIG Question. Can Radio Shack allow you to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan when upgrading to the Atrix???

TequilaGuy

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have recently (well ok, 4 months back) moved to US from UK and currently ATT pay-as-you-go customer. Now moving to Premier with Atrix ( and loosing my pay as u go number coz ATT's preorder did not support upgrading from pay/go to Premier). Not sure if I would get the premier discount if I order from RadioShack/best buy. Well, for $50 dollars more, ATT could have at-least given me an option of having Unlimited data plan! ;)

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If it turns out that stores are getting it in stock on the 22nd and consumer pre-orders don't go out until March, I'm going to cancel my preorder and go buy it at radio shack.

I just looked on Radio Shack's website and they also have a coupon for 10$ off your order of 40$ or more (phones are not excluded in the details either). You get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter...coupon came instantly. The 60$ diff would be worth it I think.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If it turns out that stores are getting it in stock on the 22nd and consumer pre-orders don't go out until March, I'm going to cancel my preorder and go buy it at radio shack.

I highly doubt AT&T would be stupid enough to pull something like that. If you pre-order today I highly doubt you will get it in time, but if you pre-ordered when they went live there is no way in hell they will make you wait until march 6.
Anyone that ordered it from an ATT store call their rep to see what's really going on? I'd call, but I'm in meetings for the next 2-3 hours... currently in a meeting now... shhh ;)

BBQ1

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I just looked on Radio Shack's website and they also have a coupon for 10$ off your order of 40$ or more (phones are not excluded in the details either). You get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter...coupon came instantly. The 60$ diff would be worth it I think.

It does exclude phones

"*This coupon has a unique code and is valid for one use only. Must surrender coupon at time of redemption.
Multiple printouts or photocopies will not be accepted. Offer valid with coupon through 02/25/11.
Limit one coupon per person. Laptop/netbook computers, Apple? products, gaming hardware/software, gift cards, services, special orders, and online and phone orders excluded in stores. No cash value. Void where prohibited.