Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Smile Question about HSPA+

So now that we know AT&T is pushing out LTE eventually, the 4G phones like the Attrix will be able to tap into LTE right? Just want to make sure they dont require another device to use LTE that has to be made with LTE in it. From what Im getting out of it, LTE will be incorperated with HSPA+?

Our Pre Ordered Attrix's should be comming veeeeeeery shortly

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1

Nope from what I have read they will not work with LTE. I have heard a few people mention the Atrix has a LTE antenna but I didnt see it listed on Motorola's site.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

By the time LTE is rolled out nationwide, it'll be time for an upgrade anyway. They haven't even got their whole HSPA+ network up. Hell, even Sprint is getting on the LTE bandwagon, so I hope the carriers all set up good roaming agreements.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I see so basically LTE isnt gonna be around for awhile then.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    On AT&T, no.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Even if LTE is out, how many are willing to pay Verizon's price of $50 for 5Gb's? I don't use my personal cell for work, more for pleasure, not sure if I can dish out $50 plus the voice plan.

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Current plans says end of '11 beginning of '12 for LTE rollout. If you live outside a major metro area count on that being longer Im sure.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EJL1980 View Post
    By the time LTE is rolled out nationwide, it'll be time for an upgrade anyway. They haven't even got their whole HSPA+ network up. Hell, even Sprint is getting on the LTE bandwagon, so I hope the carriers all set up good roaming agreements.
    +1 Agreed LTE is a longshot.

LTE... heck, i just got 3g late last summer..10g will be out before att/sprint/verizon gets lte to my corner...cable won't even run down my road...surprised i have electricity...:-D

Quote Originally Posted by hikerjim View Post
    LTE... heck, i just got 3g late last summer..10g will be out before att/sprint/verizon gets lte to my corner...cable won't even run down my road...surprised i have electricity...:-D
    lol. Im laughing with you not at you.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

These are enjoyable speeds for me. Honestly, I don't care if I get 7mbps down or not, as long as its not the lackluster verizon 0.1mbps

As end users, its pretty easy for us to get caught up in all the marketing propaganda the wireless providers pump out to drive sales.

The linked article is a pretty good read that was intended for industry particpants but easy enough to understand for the rest of us.

WiMAX vs. LTE vs. HSPA+: who cares who wins? | telecoms.com - telecoms industry news, analysis and opinion