Word of Caution: Get yours before March 8

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it kind of sucks for us, but I understand why they do it.

I think (for them) it's a good move. They get to control the perceived value rather than radio shack.

El Guero

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Short-sided view of AT&T

Honestly, it kind of sucks for us, but I understand why they do it.

I think (for them) it's a good move. They get to control the perceived value rather than radio shack.

That is all well and good (for them) in the short term, but invariably they are going to limit the number of subscribers (and people willing to stay with AT&T), which will limit there potential for long term revenue. They are just looking to make the quick buck, screw the consumer and long term customer.

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That is all well and good (for them) in the short term, but invariably they are going to limit the number of subscribers (and people willing to stay with AT&T), which will limit there potential for long term revenue. They are just looking to make the quick buck, screw the consumer and long term customer.

I don't know, I don't really see this killing subscribe numbers in any way. Probably not many people that would go to AT&T for 150 but not for 200.

I don't think it's a short term cash grab, I think it's more long term brand management and trying to control costs/value.

El Guero

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It may not drive people away, but it sure doesn't help bring them in...if you lower the cost of entry, the more you broaden your base. Once you have brought someone in, and you give them a reason to stay the more you make in the long term. If they don't buy from you and go somewhere else to save a few bucks, you still have gotten them in the gate, and chances are they stay with you. $50 is a drop in the bucket when compared to a 2yr contract+texting+data+tethering+...

It just seems very short-sided to me