atrix vs sgs2 display

ceno666

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello, knows anyone which display performs better in sunlight?
After reading through reviews it looks like the sgs2 have the better colors and a sharper screen.
However i dont want a total black screen experience as with the htc desire on a sunny day.

Iam searching for reasons to get a new android phone earlier
;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If your really worried about the screen or which is better, go with Samsung. They offer those Super AmoLED screens. There the best in my arena hands down with that.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to agree. If your main worry is the screen, go with Samsung. Incredible super AMOLED/super AMOLED + screens. It's one thing Samsung has over the Moto Atrix in my opinion.

edit: Though I don't know anything about the sunlight.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Keep automatic brightness on for the battery to stay better. This way when your outside and your looking at the screen, it automatically adjusts brighter to see the screen clear.

I only know this because I was a Cappy owner when it first came out. And I have yet to see a phone with a better screen. Super AmoLED + Gorilla Glass = Xtasy (non drug)....................You know what im talking about buddy. Org.....stop lol Yup

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a nexus s with super amoled and the screen is amazing in the sun.
I believe the Nexus S has the same SAMOLED screens as the Galaxy S phones, including the Captivate. Comparing my AMOLED Nexus One to the Captivate outdoors, the SAMOLED is somewhat better, but doesn't hold a candle to SLCD outside.

Someday, they'll have phone screens like the Pixel Qi displays, that can simply turn off the backlight and look like eInk in daylight (hopefully).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Super this, qHD that, pixel Qi.... all these technologies are great but the atrix is the first phone with tegra 2 and that's what will make the experience first class.

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What brightness do you have it on? I flip it over to max brightness outside and have no problem with visability.
It's set on auto, but I flipped to max brightness outside. It's not easy to read in direct sunlight, though it's better than other phones I've had.

Here's to hoping the Atrix will do better.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Either way you should get an Anti-Glare cover. It'll reduce glare to almost nothing and helps to eliminate fingerprints too

but antiglare ruins any screen, i remember i had one on my DX,, the DX screen was already washed out, then adding antiglare to it was even worse. the way the light and colors are refracted completely ruin the screen. the amount of time i spend aiming the sun onto my phone and then using it is def not worth crippling my screen the rest of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa