Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Payment put back, but Phone shipped?

Ok so when I pre ordered the Attrix they put the payment on hold and it wasnt availible to use in my checking account. Now the phone shipped out yesterday and I looked at my bank and the payment is back in there availible. Anyone else have that happen to them? I dont understand that.

Same thing, it kinda confused me. It'll either charge it again upon delivery or we're getting ours for free, haha

But seriously, it'll go through again when it's delivered

ROM
    Stock 2.2.1

same here, funds are still in the acct but phone shipped. I know ATT well enough that I wont touch that money though lol.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

ahhhh guys! I wouldve scored the HDMI dock, keyboard and mouse if that was so! lol but all jokes aside. Im glad you guys confirmed, the worst went through my head. AT&T calls Fedex and tells them to stop the shipment because something is wrong with them not getting there money lol

Global Posts
    845 Global Posts

Free atrix???? You are the most lucky people alive..

yea this happened before when i ordered online from att, it took them about 2 days after i received the phone to hit my card.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

ahhhh thanks. I guess those funds will sit there without me spending it lol. GOD let me spend it! Which I could, but then Ill get overdrafted and into the negative. The fees are worth it though hahahahhaa jk

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    ahhhh thanks. I guess those funds will sit there without me spending it lol. GOD let me spend it! Which I could, but then Ill get overdrafted and into the negative. The fees are worth it though hahahahhaa jk
    You can always call visa and cancel the transaction if its bothering you so much.

The original payment is a preauthorization or payment hold which only temporarily holds the funds for a maximum of 7-10 days before being released. The real charge will probably come through sometime in the next 1-2 days.

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts

This same thing happend to me, payment was held, then accepted, then put back , and then re taken out lol

I have a question. When I look at my account, it says that it would cost me $499, but when I put the Atrix in my cart and go all the way up to the credit card info screen, it says that my total is only $218. Is the $218 only a pre order price? Will they charge me the full $500? I want to order it but only if I get it for $218, not $500. What do you guys think?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
    I have a question. When I look at my account, it says that it would cost me $499, but when I put the Atrix in my cart and go all the way up to the credit card info screen, it says that my total is only $218. Is the $218 only a pre order price? Will they charge me the full $500? I want to order it but only if I get it for $218, not $500. What do you guys think?
    Reasons for weird prices:

$199 + $19 tax(on $200) = $218
    ...............or...............
    $199 + $42 tax(on full $499) = $241

Quote Originally Posted by textiaac View Post
    Reasons for weird prices:

$199 + $19 tax(on $200) = $218
    ...............or...............
    $199 + $42 tax(on full $499) = $241

I get the math, but it doesn't make sense why it initially says it'll cost me $499 but when I add it to my cart and go through the checkout process it says $199. I also have the option of signing a new contract, even though I signed one in September when I bought the iPhone 4. I think I should just sign the contract, order the phone, pay the $218 and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
    I get the math, but it doesn't make sense why it initially says it'll cost me $499 but when I add it to my cart and go through the checkout process it says $199. I also have the option of signing a new contract, even though I signed one in September when I bought the iPhone 4. I think I should just sign the contract, order the phone, pay the $218 and see what happens.
    For whatever reason whether an error or intentional they are giving early upgrade pricing to certain people. It's actually $299.99 but the are giving a 100 instant discount. This will renew your contract.