Setting up the atrix

nemesiz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just thought it will be a good idea to start a thread about the top things to do when we get ours hands on the Atrix like removing ATT bloatware. Any ideas ppl?

P.S:I am new to android

Lason

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
without root you wont be able to do much about the ATT bloatware. As far as setup, you should be able to just sign into your google account or set one up and go.

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
while this topic is up i might as well ask this question since im fairly new.

on the iPhone i set up google as a microsoft exchange account, so it could push without checking every so often and draining battery, how does this gmail app work on android? do i have to worry about this with android? or what, fairly confused when it comes to this

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
while this topic is up i might as well ask this question since im fairly new.

on the iPhone i set up google as a microsoft exchange account, so it could push without checking every so often and draining battery, how does this gmail app work on android? do i have to worry about this with android? or what, fairly confused when it comes to this

when you get the phone it will ask you to sign into your google/gmail account and will ask you want you want to sync (mail, contact, calendar) and your gmail will push to your phone and everything will two-way sync...without setting up exchange

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
when you get the phone it will ask you to sign into your google/gmail account and will ask you want you want to sync (mail, contact, calendar) and your gmail will push to your phone and everything will two-way sync...without setting up exchange

i see thanks for the info, so this essentially doesn't kill your battery and keeps checking constantly? Just automatically pushes? nice if so.

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
i see thanks for the info, so this essentially doesn't kill your battery and keeps checking constantly? Just automatically pushes? nice if so.
Yes, it automatically pushes, just like BB. As of Android 2.2, the push API has been opened up to 3rd-party devs so push notifications have been appearing on non-Google apps as well.

Btw, the bloatware removal doesn't require root. At least for the payware and demos. See this xda thread for more details.

tjb433

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, also new to android, coming from a heavily modded iPhone 3GS. I'm wondering if there are any live wallpapers, or apps, for that matter (besides what comes on the phone) that support this screens higher resolution?

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Noob question. Have a Blackberry 9800. I'm very interested in trying the Atrix. My main email account on my computer is through a local internet service (called YHTI). I can access that account on the 9800 and check my email.

Would I be able to do this on the Atrix?

Don

fubarf

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I have multiple google accounts, would it be possible to have multiple profiles on my phone corresponding to each of my accounts?

fubarf

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea use gmail and you can merge/forward email accounts.

The whole point of having multiple accounts is 'coz I don't want to merge email. I want replies to each account to go out with a separate email id, and would like to have multiple independent profiles on my phone if possibel.

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Noob question. Have a Blackberry 9800. I'm very interested in trying the Atrix. My main email account on my computer is through a local internet service (called YHTI). I can access that account on the 9800 and check my email.

Would I be able to do this on the Atrix?

Don

You'll need a Google account anyway - I'd just setup a Gmail account, forward your ISP mail to it and then start switching... it's not as hard as hard as you'd think. I still come across some people with an @aol.com email address and cry a little inside.

Reactions: dwade62

waltercln

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
do any of you guys use email widgets? wondering whats the best one to use and also what are some other great widgets for new users to be aware of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1