so guys, i was wondering if anyone knows if ill be able to buy an atrix unlocked without a contract next week (since i read its supposed to launch feb 22. by att) and some estimates of the price for that than
    thanks for the info
    02-19-2011 10:08 PM
    I saw one on ebay earlier today , unlocked for 640 USD !!!
    Man I wish I was in the U.S. , I would've got one in a heartbeat , too bad I've to wait until summer to get one
    02-19-2011 11:20 PM
    Um, no phone you buy from AT&T will be unlocked, no-contract or not. No-contract to them implies you are an AT&T customer who is simply not due for an upgrade, so there is no reason they will sell it to you unlocked.
    02-20-2011 01:53 AM
    Yes it won't be unlocked and it looks like the non contract price is $499. Anyone else confirm that? Good price if true
    02-20-2011 08:35 AM
    Yes it won't be unlocked and it looks like the non contract price is $499. Anyone else confirm that? Good price if true
    Yup, and the down side of that is they will force you to buy a data plan for it even though you didn't sign a contract for it.
    02-20-2011 09:08 AM
    ok thanks for the info, but one more thing, do you guys think ill be able to buy it from a retail store like unassociated to att (just like buying plain motorola phone) ? or on a second thought will it be easy/hard to unlock the phone locked to att?
    02-20-2011 11:05 AM
    ok thanks for the info, but one more thing, do you guys think ill be able to buy it from a retail store like unassociated to att (just like buying plain motorola phone) ? or on a second thought will it be easy/hard to unlock the phone locked to att?
    Unlocking.com - The World's Largest Unlock Code Supplier
    02-20-2011 11:50 AM
    i dont see the atrix on that site
    02-23-2011 07:59 PM
    Generally in the past I would call ATT, and tell them I will be traveling overseas and they will provide you with the instructions to unlock the phone. Has anyone tried this yet?
    02-23-2011 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD