Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Atrix unlocked and without contract

so guys, i was wondering if anyone knows if ill be able to buy an atrix unlocked without a contract next week (since i read its supposed to launch feb 22. by att) and some estimates of the price for that than
    thanks for the info
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

I saw one on ebay earlier today , unlocked for 640 USD !!!
    Man I wish I was in the U.S. , I would've got one in a heartbeat , too bad I've to wait until summer to get one

Um, no phone you buy from AT&T will be unlocked, no-contract or not. No-contract to them implies you are an AT&T customer who is simply not due for an upgrade, so there is no reason they will sell it to you unlocked.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Yes it won't be unlocked and it looks like the non contract price is $499. Anyone else confirm that? Good price if true

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by defdrums View Post
    Yes it won't be unlocked and it looks like the non contract price is $499. Anyone else confirm that? Good price if true
    Yup, and the down side of that is they will force you to buy a data plan for it even though you didn't sign a contract for it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok thanks for the info, but one more thing, do you guys think ill be able to buy it from a retail store like unassociated to att (just like buying plain motorola phone) ? or on a second thought will it be easy/hard to unlock the phone locked to att?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
    ok thanks for the info, but one more thing, do you guys think ill be able to buy it from a retail store like unassociated to att (just like buying plain motorola phone) ? or on a second thought will it be easy/hard to unlock the phone locked to att?
    Unlocking.com - The World's Largest Unlock Code Supplier

i dont see the atrix on that site

Generally in the past I would call ATT, and tell them I will be traveling overseas and they will provide you with the instructions to unlock the phone. Has anyone tried this yet?