1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Default Pre ordering mistakenly extended my contract.

Just a heads up. Preordering at no commitment pricing extended my contract. Might as well check yours and make sure. I called up and they fixed it, so no huge biggie.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

wow.. that set you back what? 800?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

? $399 for the phone. Nothing else cost money.

Before I ordered I had an upgrade due for 2/2012. Since my Atrix shipped I rechecked and it says my upgrade is now 10/2012. I ordered with no-commitment. However, I was one of the lucky ones that had it ring up at 268 -100 dollar instant rebate. So I got it for 168+tax and it said "no-commitment beside it. I have screenshots and print outs to prove it. If you were me would you still try to get the date moved back even though I feel I already got away with something or just don't worry about it? I do feel it was their mistake, not mine to begin with. It is on the delivery truck now.
    cnk

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

If I were you, I'd leave well enough alone since it's only an 8 month difference.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Don't know if they'd look at it and ask me to pay the difference or take back my phone which I don't think would be legal but the thought is enough for me not to push the issue.
    cnk

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

It's a gray area I believe because a lot of internet retailers have fine print stating that they won't honor system glitches or mistakes in pricing. So if you call in, you do risk having them notice the incorrect pricing. For an 8 month difference, really not worth the risk IMO.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Is it possible to order no commitment pricing online or does it have to be done in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEhead View Post
    Is it possible to order no commitment pricing online or does it have to be done in the store.
    You could have done both. I did mine online.

Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Just a heads up. Preordering at no commitment pricing extended my contract. Might as well check yours and make sure. I called up and they fixed it, so no huge biggie.
    What was the off contract price?