Earpiece audio quality

secretlevel

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Atrix yesterday and quickly noticed a rattling or blown speaker sound on the earpiece. It happens when there's a lot of high frequency sounds, the 611 or voicemail lady will do it. It starts at about half volume and is very noticeable at full volume.

I went to an AT&T store today, where the people who heard it agreed with me. They got a new one out, but it was exactly the same. Anybody else notice this?

wikel

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Atrix yesterday and quickly noticed a rattling or blown speaker sound on the earpiece. It happens when there's a lot of high frequency sounds, the 611 or voicemail lady will do it. It starts at about half volume and is very noticeable at full volume.

I went to an AT&T store today, where the people who heard it agreed with me. They got a new one out, but it was exactly the same. Anybody else notice this?

Same problem here. Going to take mine back this weekend but the earpiece sound was horrible. I thought it was the rear case not being on solid but took it off and had the same issue.

I've been reading about earpiece speaker problems on other Motorola phones and I'll be damned if I'm going to accept this piss poor quality of a product. Of all the things to screw up... sheesh.

rickwood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that on mine too yesterday when I first got the phone. After logging a few minutes on the phone (~45 min), it's cleared up for me. Earpiece sounds fine now.

Grim Reaper

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It happens depending on who I'm talking too. So far I've only had the problem calling 1 particular person and it seems to happen everytime I call them. I haven't noticed it with anyone else yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674