Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default You CAN delete ALL of the AT&T Bloatware

Just incase you guys haven't realized. You can manually (no rooting!) delete all of the AT&T bloatware. Yay.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts

Faaaaaaannnnntastic!
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

I can confirm, all the bloatware can be easily uninstalled.
    Banned

It was so easy: every phone should be like this from AT&T.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

here is the obvious question...how? is it just through the application manager on the phone or using a program an computer?
    life is good

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arwaldon4 View Post
    here is the obvious question...how? is it just through the application manager on the phone or using a program an computer?
    On the phone... very very easy

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

The ONLY thing I cannot uninstall is Vlingo.

BTW the Atrix comes with a good task manager that includes an auto-end list (with the option to monitor cpu/ram usage...including for system apps) as well as a pretty good file manager.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by urbannaja View Post
    BTW the Atrix comes with a good task manager that includes an auto-end list (with the option to monitor cpu/ram usage...including for system apps) as well as a pretty good file manager.
    Yea I kinda like it too.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

Vlingo kicks *** though!

Hmm, this is sounding better and better. I am still torn over the screen size Inspire vs Atrix and screen quality Atrix vs Samsung Galaxy S.

They all use same speed processor with single core software so i don't see any diff in speed in the store.

Nice problem to have, I say!

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

First: What's vlingo?

Second: Why the hell is it on my phone asking to be enabled?

Third: I guess i am rooting to remove it.

Edit: Bob .. I would like to not be forced to used add-on software, thanks.
    Last edited by bobbiac; 02-22-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

As well as an excellent battery profile manager.

Really, this thing is a beast. Best phone I've ever owned. And I've owned the Nexus One, EVO, Droid X and Epic.

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

You don't have to use Vlingo though. Just use Google's Voice Actions instead. You long press on the text input field, go to input settings and select Google instead of Vlingo for Voice actions.

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

Hi Bob,
    Vlingo is basically a voice to text software, but also so much more. It works with maps, calls, SMS, emails, in car, etc...
    Now, you may think its the same as a Tmobile Mytouch genius bar or a google voice app, but Vlingo actually is more intricate and accurate in recognizing your voice and also in the amount of functions it can perform/you can say to it.

Yes, it is an "add-on software" but it also aids you for voice commands and I personally think it is quite helpful and more impressive than the other voice to text programs.

This link has more details and links to vids that can explain it better: Android Voice to Text and Voice Recognition Apps | Vlingo
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yeah Vlingo is actually an awesome app. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts

awesome! Thanks for the heads up

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    awesome! Thanks for the heads up
    ditto. i normally keep it on, but i'll probably remove it and give it a try.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead931 View Post
    Hmm, this is sounding better and better. I am still torn over the screen size Inspire vs Atrix and screen quality Atrix vs Samsung Galaxy S.

They all use same speed processor with single core software so i don't see any diff in speed in the store.

Nice problem to have, I say!
    The Atrix is Duel Core Processor. Its speeds are quicker then the inspire and the galaxy s....for now. But I will say, Samsungs screens are the best ever. I had a Captivate and that Super AmoLED is the best I have ever seen and used.

I can't remove vlingo or video editor lite. Other stuff (navigator, blockbuster, etc.) I can, though.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Did you mean it's the "Force Stop" button on the "Manage Apps" part of the menu? Kind of new to this android OS.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Yeah Vlingo is actually an awesome app. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.
    I agree. I changed one of my Launcher Pro icons to the Vingo Car option. It's actually absolutely amazing. First bloatware I've ever enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by justinangil View Post
    Did you mean it's the "Force Stop" button on the "Manage Apps" part of the menu? Kind of new to this android OS.
    No... There is an app in the app drawer called "Task Manager" (the icon looks like colored vertical bar charts). When you open it it has two tabs: one for ALL of your applications and one for the auto-end list. You can click the menu button to show/hide system apps as well.

In the applications tab, you see a list of ALL of your apps, which are running currently and how much CPU/RAM the ones that are running are using. From this tab you can click to end an app, or you can click to add it to your auto-end list.

The auto-end list tab shows a list of apps that you want to automatically turn off whenever the display times out. (otherwise games and stuff and syncing might continue to run and draw battery power even while the screen is off)

It's a very handy tool IMO. None of the phones I've seen have come with that stock before.
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sw33ndawg View Post
    I agree. I changed one of my Launcher Pro icons to the Vingo Car option. It's actually absolutely amazing. First bloatware I've ever enjoyed.
    You guys are SO LUCKY! I think this is the first time in history a carrier has given you the ability to remove the bloat.

Now if they'd just stop with all that no side loading nonsense
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    You guys are SO LUCKY! I think this is the first time in history a carrier has given you the ability to remove the bloat.

Now if they'd just stop with all that no side loading nonsense
    I almost think that this happened on accident.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast