Jump Ship from Captivate to Atrix?

mssheddy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Cappy for about 3 weeks and am coming up on my 30 day return window. I'm quite intrigued by the Atrix and thinking about trading up. I'm disappointed with the call quality on my Captivate and the GPS issues. Also experiencing a bit of laggy-ness that didn't bother me at first but is now starting to irk me a bit. Anyone else switch over? Captivate is my first Android phone, and admittedly quite a step up from the iphone 3GS I just left, just wondering if I'm having a case of the "grass is greaner's". Any input?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a captivate and got the atrix today. I did not yet set up as I am hoping to update the captivate to 2.2 tomorrow (Yeah right) and then sell it. It was a pretty good phone except for the gps was crap and the random shutting off issue which happened only if I charged past 95%. It was pretty good rooted and lagfixed otherwise.

I could not wait for another phone to come to ATT just because I did not think Samsung want to service existing customers. 2.2 is just coming out tomorrow? They are more interested in selling new models. Good riddance Samsung.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the Atrix. I just picked mine up today and had the Captivate when it came out for about a month and got rid of it.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the Captivate on the day it came out and that was one of the best phones I have owned. I did the GPS tweeks and root and custom roms and what not and had really no problems with it. But the best thing I miss from the Captivate was the "Super AMOLED" Screen. I have never seen a screen as crisp and clear with the colors as that screen. This qHD screen is very close to comparing but not on point. When the Cappy showed black, it was black WITHOUT a hint of shade. Those Super Amoleds should be put in all phones now, just like Gorilla Glass.

Other then that, the Atrix owns the Cappy in speed hands down. Plus front and rear cams. Also size wise.

mssheddy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I have to wait til Sunday before my ATT store will release Atrix. I'm definitely going to go check it out. I too love the display on the Captivate, it is one of the reasons I remain hesitant to switch up. Guess I'm just gonna have to hit the store on Sunday and handle the Atrix and see how I feel about it. Thanks again!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you will notice the different in the screen but not really as much. Only if your really picky with it. I remember when I had a bedside app and the background on the Captivate was Black. And that Black was Deep Black. Then the same app on other phones, you see the black as like a foggy black. But the form factor and processor of the Atrix is all the difference.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My opinion only, but I would keep the Captivate for now and wait for a 4G Galaxy S phone. I got the Atrix and find it generally inferior to the Galaxy S series like the Captivate. Plus, the Captivate will get better data speeds than the Atrix. I would wait to find out if AT&T is going to get their act together and fix the data speed issues before getting the Atrix. By that time, which is probably soon, you will probably also have other 4G phones to choose from, including successors to the Captivate.

Or the Nexus S for ATT that I'm sure will be out within the next month or so.. Leaning towards the Atrix though. I wish the HTC Inspire had a ffc.

AmesBB

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Captivate is bad. One of the worst phones I've had. It can't be difficult for the Atrix to be better. I even prefer my Dell Venue to the Captivate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995