Sms notifications

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
How do I get my atrix to stop notifying me two times for text. Im using handcent or whatever its called and I get two notifications hand and the original sms app can I turn the other off?

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
i think handcent tells you this when you install

go to stock text messaging program, click menu, click messaging settings and unclick notifications

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I still get the white lil envelope kinda annoying when it says you have 0 unread messages

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Storage space for apps is a problem on the atrix?

Sent from my myTouch 4G

No, not on the Atrix...I had storage issues on my Nexus One. I've already put more apps on this phone than I had on the N1 and haven't move a one to the SD card.

I still get the white lil envelope kinda annoying when it says you have 0 unread messages

A lot of little things like this can be fixed with a power cycle or a battery pull (in my experience anyway)

aa62579

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but I didn't want to start a thread with the same title.

Is there anyway to get more than one notification that you have a new text message. Not two at a time like the OP got, but the original one and then one a few minutes later. Maybe the setting was "periodic" on my old phone?

If not, is there a good app that would do this? I am happy with the stock client right now, but I don't want to have to check my phone for new messages each time I leave my office for a few minutes and come back.

Thank you in advance.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to get more than one notification that you have a new text message. Not two at a time like the OP got, but the original one and then one a few minutes later. Maybe the setting was "periodic" on my old phone?

I don't think there is one in the stock texting app but there is in GO SMS text replacement app available in the market

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech