Facebook & Contacts

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing all my contacts with facebook and twitter.. There doesn't seem to be an option for it?
Even after I downloaded the apps from the Market..

I'm new to motoblur and android.. So I apologize if this is a dumb question...

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing all my contacts with facebook and twitter.. There doesn't seem to be an option for it?
Even after I downloaded the apps from the Market..

I'm new to motoblur and android.. So I apologize if this is a dumb question...

download phonebook 2.0

this let's you do it, although you have to do each contact manually

hawks25

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The MotoBlur Facebook account synced with all of my contacts...except one. Not sure why it missed just one. MotoBlur synced him from my Google contacts, but FB won't pull him into the phone. Tried removing and adding the account 2x now, still nothing.

But to answer your question, yes it does sync with your contacts. For the most part. :p

Edited to add: Amazing. in my quest to fix that one contact, my MotoBlur account is now NOT updating my FB contacts. Great.

A few hours later...fixed. Had to uninstall the FB app and removed my FB account from MotoBlur for about 2 hours. Turned off the phone, removed the battery, then added my FB acct to MB and then installed the FB app. Was browsing FB for about 30 mins then checked my contacts, and they were there. My one friend is still not there, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The MotoBlur Facebook account synced with all of my contacts...except one. Not sure why it missed just one. MotoBlur synced him from my Google contacts, but FB won't pull him into the phone. Tried removing and adding the account 2x now, still nothing.

But to answer your question, yes it does sync with your contacts. For the most part. :p

Edited to add: Amazing. in my quest to fix that one contact, my MotoBlur account is now NOT updating my FB contacts. Great.

A few hours later...fixed. Had to uninstall the FB app and removed my FB account from MotoBlur for about 2 hours. Turned off the phone, removed the battery, then added my FB acct to MB and then installed the FB app. Was browsing FB for about 30 mins then checked my contacts, and they were there. My one friend is still not there, but I'll take it.

Mine actually ended up syncing after a while :)

Spoonap2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How do i get rid of this FB contact sync crap? I have many friends on my FB but only a couple I call and talk to. I can't delet some contacts unless i remove them from my FB. It's just a mess on contacts I don't need on FB....same goes for my google sync. I hate this feature.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got a similar question with all the account syncing... I have a Google, Facebook, Twitter and last.fm account all set up on MyMotoBlur. It seems that only Google and Facebook are the only ones that are linking with my contacts. Some people in my list I know have all four accounts, and their last.fm and Twitter accounts aren't showing up. Is there something that needs to be done?

Also, is there an option to choose from which profile you set the display picture as for the contact? My girlfriend was telling me how to do it from her G2, but it may just be a feature of that phone, and not on the Atrix.

PDT816

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How do i get rid of this FB contact sync crap? I have many friends on my FB but only a couple I call and talk to. I can't delet some contacts unless i remove them from my FB. It's just a mess on contacts I don't need on FB....same goes for my google sync. I hate this feature.

1. Click the accounts icon.
  2. Select the account you want.
  3. Check/uncheck which elements you want synchronization

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Here's how I filtered my contacts. First I went to my contacts. Then click the settings/menu button at bottom of the phone. Click more. Click settings button in the menu. Then I checked "Phone numbers only".

That doesn't remove all my facebook contacts since some of them have phone numbers on their profile. I have all the phone numbers of people I want to talk to in a google account. So I went into contacts and settings again. Clicked display group. Then I clicked, then I clicked google since that's where all the numbers are for people I want. I suppose you could create a group for the people you actually call if you don't store all of their numbers in one of the available accounts.

Just noticed that there is also this favorite option. But you have to manually go into each contact and touch the star beside the contact name to add them to favorites. Then you can just display the favorites.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to control how it pulls contact pictures. Mine is currently defaulting to the facebook pictures for linked contacts that are linked with a facebook profile.

Spoonap2

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I filtered my contacts. First I went to my contacts. Then click the settings/menu button at bottom of the phone. Click more. Click settings button in the menu. Then I checked "Phone numbers only".

That doesn't remove all my facebook contacts since some of them have phone numbers on their profile. I have all the phone numbers of people I want to talk to in a google account. So I went into contacts and settings again. Clicked display group. Then I clicked, then I clicked google since that's where all the numbers are for people I want. I suppose you could create a group for the people you actually call if you don't store all of their numbers in one of the available accounts.

Just noticed that there is also this favorite option. But you have to manually go into each contact and touch the star beside the contact name to add them to favorites. Then you can just display the favorites.

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to control how it pulls contact pictures. Mine is currently defaulting to the facebook pictures for linked contacts that are linked with a facebook profile.

Thanks for the tip...i tried all that. I guess i'll just have to live wit it.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got a similar question with all the account syncing... I have a Google, Facebook, Twitter and last.fm account all set up on MyMotoBlur. It seems that only Google and Facebook are the only ones that are linking with my contacts. Some people in my list I know have all four accounts, and their last.fm and Twitter accounts aren't showing up. Is there something that needs to be done?

Also, is there an option to choose from which profile you set the display picture as for the contact? My girlfriend was telling me how to do it from her G2, but it may just be a feature of that phone, and not on the Atrix.

bump.