Atrix isn't auto restoring after a reset, why?

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So from what I read, if I do a factory reset, the phone is supposed to automatically download all my apps and settings to the phone after wards. In Settings > privacy i had "back up my data" and "automatic restore" both checked. I checked the boxes 2 days before I did my reset so everything should have been backed up just fine. Of course after the reset those boxes are no longer checked.

Well today I did the factory data reset and nothing is automatically restoring. Worse yet, if I try to go to market.android.com and re-download my apps it says they are already installed and won't let me. I can download apps from the market app on the phone though.

Did i do something wrong? Anyway to get it to restore?

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So from what I read, if I do a factory reset, the phone is supposed to automatically download all my apps and settings to the phone after wards. In Settings > privacy i had "back up my data" and "automatic restore" both checked. I checked the boxes 2 days before I did my reset so everything should have been backed up just fine. Of course after the reset those boxes are no longer checked.

Well today I did the factory data reset and nothing is automatically restoring. Worse yet, if I try to go to market.android.com and re-download my apps it says they are already installed and won't let me. I can download apps from the market app on the phone though.

Did i do something wrong? Anyway to get it to restore?

What you are having is a different issue. I have it as well. You can download anything from the market on your phone, but when you go to the market website and try to install to your phone it will not push the data onto the phone, correct? For those apps that already say installed on the market website, you can redownload them from the market on your phone just fine. I've been trying to for days to find a solution to this, so I can push apps from the web to my phone. I've contacted google, but haven't hear anything.

I found this, but I haven't tried it yet. I will try it when I get home tonight to see if it resolves the issues. I wouldn't try that unless you are tech savy, because you can easily do more harm than good. So try at your own risk.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
What's different is I am not seeing the message that no devices appear in the market. My Atrix shows up, it just shows the app as already installed so i cant re-install it.

after the factory reset, i assume google didnt automatically restore your phone either?

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What's different is I am not seeing the message that no devices appear in the market. My Atrix shows up, it just shows the app as already installed so i cant re-install it.

after the factory reset, i assume google didnt automatically restore your phone either?

That's the same thing that is happening to me. My device shows up. Sorry, I should have explained further. There are several troubleshooting steps that I took, I cleared the cache for the market app, uninstalled and reinstalled. Cleared all google data and reset everything and nothing fixed the issue. After trying all that I came to the conclusion that some file must still be there that isn't getting wiped, so I came across this and figured wiping everything would force a redetection of my phone by google. Since that fix is for phones that are not detected, which technically is the issue we are having. Our phones were detected, but are not any longer. If you check under the settings in the website it shows a last used date. I'm betting that date hasn't changed since the wipe? I wiped mine on the 22nd and that's the last date that is shown. So, it seems the site is not detecting the phone.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That didn't fix anything. I suggest you file a support ticket with google from the market website. I filed mine about 3 days ago and haven't heard back yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams