Bold -> Atrix (Dataplan)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Okay... Yes this is another Data Plan question. Sorry!

Heres the deal,

I currently have a Bold 9700 with the Grandfathered Unlimited Data plan. I just recently (3 days ago) purchased (upgraded for 150) an Atrix on amazon. Now as I have read everywhere, I should be allowed to keep my unlimited plan.

A few hours ago I checked the AT&T wireless website and went to manage features. It shows that my Unlimited Data plan will expire on 24th of March. It also shows that a 200MB 4g plan will be added at the same date. Now I know I will have to call AT&T and somehow convince them to convert it?

Conclusion: I am looking for suggestions on the best way to start this process.
My Atrix will not arrive until around 4pm on Monday due to a UPS delivery delay. Should I call before or after I get the phone? To be honest, I pretty much use 2GB + every month on my 9700 and if they wont allow me to switch, I am more than willing to stay with my 9700 even though it is on it's last leg.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to keep it unless you plan on getting the laptop dock for it. Then you will jave to switch. By ordering online sometimes it forces you to switch the plan, but you can just call in to fix it up again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Reactions: thejamesking#AC

Cerberus2k7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, somewhat of a hijack but how does this work? I can go to amazon and get to the checkout section when selecting an upgrade, so they just ship you the phone and upgrade the info to AT&T? I went to the AT&T store and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May 7th and wouldn't allow me to "upgrade" any earlier. So does this somehow bypass that timer?

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out when I went a few steps past where I was. -_-

Last edited:

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i came from a bold 9700 to this atrix. I was able to keep my unlimited data and unlimited text messages. on my bold 9700, i had the blackberry plan, (which is 49.99 for unlimited text/data [may vary for others]) and i was told (by the att rep) that because i was grandfathered into the unlimited, i was able to keep my unlimited data and text.

dream5hift

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the 9700 also and went to the att store to let the rep switch from bb unlimited to smartphone unlimited. They had to call customer service and that took long but they let me go early since it was fixed for sure.

Harleym3

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my atrix, coming from Bold 9700 as well, had the unlimited plan, everything swapped over. I was grandfathered, and at&t rep at the store told me that as long as i get a smart phone, i will be able to keep my unlimited plan.