Does the Atrix have FM?

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the Atrix have FM? I know for sure I have read many places that the Atrix had it, but I cant find an official answer.

Ive seen lots of people ask this too but received no answers...

Thanks in advanced.

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I found some more info possibly. According to some sources, there is a FM chip in there but they don't have high hopes for ATT allowing access to it. That is unfortunate if true, I would love FM.

Note: I don't want to use the internet to gain access to a local FM station. I live in an area that is not well loved by those applications.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I reed that too , I think its part of the Music player , since the leaked one had it (i don't have an Atrix yet , so im not sure)

hainesx

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
thejamesking - I can confirm the same information that you heard. I'll see if I can find the link. The Atrix has the hardware that supports FM reception, but it is not accessible. The original specifications that I read suggested that the Atrix would have FM, but the current specifications listed on Motorola's website make no mention of it. I sent Motorola an email requesting an explanation. I'll post again if/when I get a response.

I remember hearing that Motorla was going to enable 1080p recording capability for the Atrix post-release via software update. Maybe we can convince them to activate FM as well.

hainesx

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Here it is! The official response from Motorola (on a Sunday, no less).

"The Motorola ATRIX does not have an FM radio. We currently do not have any notifications if there will be an update to add this feature on the phone. We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research."

I think that if the Atrix users unite and flood Motorola's customer service with requests to activate the FM receiver, we will have a better chance of getting it.

RacecarBMW

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Here it is! The official response from Motorola (on a Sunday, no less).

"The Motorola ATRIX does not have an FM radio. We currently do not have any notifications if there will be an update to add this feature on the phone. We are always gathering input from owners from calls, e-mails, the Web and other sources. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and want to assure you that Motorola does value your feedback. We open a record for all consumer contacts which are then routed to the proper department for any further research."

I think that if the Atrix users unite and flood Motorola's customer service with requests to activate the FM receiver, we will have a better chance of getting it.

What is the email that you sent to.

Im sure they will do it if enough people post.

hainesx

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the email that I sent yesterday.

"When researching cell phones before deciding to purchase the new Atrix 4G, I remember seeing in the specifications that the phone was supposed to have an FM radio. I have searched through all the apps and onboard devices but cannot find the radio. I also no longer see it listed in the specifications. Is Motorola working on a firmware/software update or something to make the radio available (sort of like the future 1080p capabilities)? Thanks"

Not sure if rounding up the Atrix users on this forum is enough to convince Motorola, but it's worth a shot.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Download TuneIn , its a great radio app in the market ... Oh and its free !

+1 for TuneIn. Also it pics up your local stations where you are and lets you search custom stations also. I got local stations added to my playlist along with stations I used to listen to in NJ. Its pretty sweet actually.

It also works good on my Nook Color :)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
TuneIn is nice, unfortunately. I live in a town of about 4k people. and deep in the mountain. I'm all for trying to convince motorola... not sure how to acomplish this.. I believe I saw the FM specs released on an xda report.

Anyway, glad to see more people are interested in this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781