So..... Which cases work with the OEM docks?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any case will work with docks , just like the Droids 1 , 2 & X , you can't dock them with a case

hawks25

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The literature that came with the multimedia dock states there is an insert (available separately) that will work with a Motorola case, if I remember correctly. Don't have it in front of me now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Incipio Feather case does not work with the multimedia dock.

The literature that came with the multimedia dock states there is an insert (available separately) that will work with a Motorola case, if I remember correctly. Don't have it in front of me now.

I have an Incipio case also, and I also saw that note in the literature. The multimedia dock appears to come with with another insert. I popped that off, and I can slide mine in fine with the Incipio case.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any case will work with docks , just like the Droids 1 , 2 & X , you can't dock them with a case

That's not true. The Droid 1,2 and X docks all had inserts that you can remove to allow for cases to fit.

The issue with the Atrix docks is that the docks, except the laptop dock, have an insert but even so, its too thin. So not sure which cases would work with them.

ranova

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Manufacturers need to stop making full cases and just replacement back covers since it fully covers the back.

Im buying the first back cover with soft touch + kick stand!

hawks25

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an Incipio case also, and I also saw that note in the literature. The multimedia dock appears to come with with another insert. I popped that off, and I can slide mine in fine with the Incipio case.

How did you remove the insert from the multimedia dock?

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
How did you remove the insert from the multimedia dock?

On mine, there is a small indentation in the insert towards the back of the dock. I stuck a fingernail into it and applied a small amount of pressure and it popped right up.

Reactions: hawks25

Cyanide41

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Body glove and that doesn't work with the lapdoc, I cant say if it will with the OEM docks

I have a BG case that I use the with laptop dock. There is a little tray on the dock that you can remove pretty easily which gave me just enough space the get the connections fully seated.

hawks25

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
On mine, there is a small indentation in the insert towards the back of the dock. I stuck a fingernail into it and applied a small amount of pressure and it popped right up.

Money. I didn't even notice the notch back there. Came out with zero effort. Only thing I'm wondering is if the dock is designed to be used this way, or if it is just removable to use the alternate insert. My guess is the latter. Not 100% comforting that you can see part of the circuit board. Also I'm wondering if using it this way will cause undue stress on the connectors since they are holding most of the front-to-back weight of the phone, rather than the plastic cradle.

2011-02-27_16-45-02_156.jpg

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a picture in my last post, can you see it?

(First time using Picasa as a host so I really don't know. I can see it, but it's my account. And yes the picture is set to Public.)

lol I can see that picture, but its still hard to tell the difference since there's no picture of a dock with the insert in it. Plus, its kinda tough to tell how much extra space you get when you remove the insert from that angle and from a picture. I just wanted to know since you have it, personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12