Tegra Zone released!

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Tegra Zone has officially launched! Go to the marketplace and type "Tegra." You'll see "Nvidia Tegra Zone." It's a portal to all games/apps developed solely for Tegra 2 devices. Enjoy!

Reactions: nomad005

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else buy dungeon defenders? I want to play online.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

I was thinking about it, but apparently it's on PC and PS3 as well, which, if I had a choice, I'd probably prefer playing a game like that on one of those systems...so, I haven't decided yet.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about it, but apparently it's on PC and PS3 as well, which, if I had a choice, I'd probably prefer playing a game like that on one of those systems...so, I haven't decided yet.

Yes but those systems don't fit in your pocket

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Do any of them have a demo version or no, which one would be the best bet for showing the graphical prowess of the Atrix?

No demos. So far I've played the samurai game and dungeon defenders. both have amazing graphics. i cant wait for the unreal engine to land on android...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The samurai game is really nice. Beautiful art. Reminds me of both Okami and especially Muramasa for Wii. Only problem is, once you beat it there isn't much else to do I don't think. It's really just a hack 'n slash game..so it's hard to pay a decent amount of pocket money for it. But, when you count in the beautiful graphics (and it's still really fun, particularly when you start getting your combos going), then it's easier to pay for it. :)

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think this is a good trend when chip manufacturers are making "chip optimized games". The tegra zone is only for tegra phones and now Qualcomm (Snapdragon) is working with gameloft to create games for those phones. We can't even get a consistent gaming experience among Android highend phones.lol. What's next, TI zone??

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think this is a good trend when chip manufacturers are making "chip optimized games". The tegra zone is only for tegra phones and now Qualcomm (Snapdragon) is working with gameloft to create games for those phones. We can't even get a consistent gaming experience among Android highend phones.lol. What's next, TI zone??

I think it will be a problem when you can't play a game on one phone but you can another. Like not being able to play dungeon defenders on a hummning bird dual core or a qualcom dual core. I think as games get fitted for all phones is ok.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

urbannaja

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Game devs will probably make different versions for as long as they can. They will just sell more copies if they aren't compatible across platforms.

I can easilly see a day when games become a selling point for a certain phone manufacturer, just as they are with consoles today. Especially if they remain compatible in future versions of a cpu (you won't want to switch manufactures if you already have a library of apps worth 100's of $ that would become useless on the new phone). I think this effect will be enhanced even more as more traditional game/computer companies get involved in exclusivity deals. And it'll only be more fragmented based on carrier as well...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Game devs will probably make different versions for as long as they can. They will just sell more copies if they aren't compatible across platforms.

I can easilly see a day when games become a selling point for a certain phone manufacturer, just as they are with consoles today. Especially if they remain compatible in future versions of a cpu (you won't want to switch manufactures if you already have a library of apps worth 100's of $ that would become useless on the new phone). I think this effect will be enhanced even more as more traditional game/computer companies get involved in exclusivity deals. And it'll only be more fragmented based on carrier as well...

Oh lordy, my poor, poor children's children's children. :'( Let us all shed a tear for them.

I guess the future isn't always so bright huh lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22