Music Apps cut out when screen goes off

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
for lack of a better title i used this. Basically what it boils down to is the fact that with my Atrix any music app cuts off after about 10 minutes. I dont have the Car Dock and really dont plan on getting it. I dont have a use for it. I just rest my phone in a holder right by my manual shifter and use a cable to connect to my Aux jack.

Well doing this was just fine with my Captivate. I could listen to music my whole ride into work. But after 10 minutes or so the Atrix cuts off cause it killed the App for no reason. I dont have them in the Task Manager to be auto killed. The built in task Manager not a App that was downloaded as well.

Any ideas on this? It is rather frustrating to have the Music App built in, MixZing, WinAmp all cut out after 2 songs and i have to wait for a red light to turn my phone back on and turn the player back on. I have looked all over my settings as well. I didnt see nothing.

I should note that I am extremely new to Android as well. Got my Captivate on New Years Eve and that was my first Android device. Got the Atrix Feb 24th cause the wife was due an upgrade and i used it to get this while she took the Captivate.

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be closing at all... have you tried it with just regular headphones? What about the music app widget, does it do the same thing if you start to play music with that?

Could there be an app that you downloaded that maybe is closing it after a set time? I had an app that was causing my phone to activate the GPS randomly, some apps haven't been updated in a bit and can cause weird issues. If all else fails, I'd try a factory reset and if that doesn't fix it then take the phone back and get a replacement.

cubanb

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and it was my task killer. I think I had Gallery in auto end and that is needed for music. I just stopped using auto kill because I read it actually uses more battery that way.

My music works fine now

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did have Advanced Task Killer but i uninstalled that app. The only app like it now is the built in Task Manager. I will remove all apps that i have set to auto shut off and see if that resolves my issue.

But it is with regular headphones that this happens with as well. When i am on my hour lunch i try to listen to music and it happens. AFAIK i dont have any applications installed that would do this.

Well i have removed all apps from the auto end list. I will test tomorrow and see what happens.

cubanb

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I was using headphones and a line in cable in my car and it happened with both a little while after my screen would lock and turn off. it was my auto kill on the default task manager killing some apps that are required for music that I did not realize were needed.

I searched around and found the solution of not having any apps on auto kill on the task manager and havent had the problem since.

Reactions: KSoD

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ya, I was using headphones and a line in cable in my car and it happened with both a little while after my screen would lock and turn off. it was my auto kill on the default task manager killing some apps that are required for music that I did not realize were needed.

I searched around and found the solution of not having any apps on auto kill on the task manager and havent had the problem since.

[STUPID QUESTION]: How do I access the task manger?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks cubanb for your input. After removing all my apps in the auto kill area this problem has not occurred again. Issue is now resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa