Facebook notifications?

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that isn't getting any facebook notifications? No wall post comments, no picture comments, no message notifications or any pokes?

Like wtf?

This is my first Android device after coming from a blackberry.. I have it set to refresh every two hours, because I don't want it to drain my battery, but even after waiting two hours, I still don't have anything?

And i have it set to notify me on everything basically...

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Facebook has tried with the last two releases to fix this issue. Some report they are getting them for a few minutes after install, some report they get them all the time (most likely liars) but most people aren't getting any, with acception of messages (myself included).

For now, your notifications will be in the notification section of the home page of the facebook app. As far as I know, the only workaround is to set your FaceBook account up to email you everytime someone pokes you, commments on your status, comments on something you commented on, etc. I'd recommend turning off auto-update or scaling it back a little bit as it will auto update everytime you open the app (if I'm not mistaken).

puja_g

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Facebook has tried with the last two releases to fix this issue. Some report they are getting them for a few minutes after install, some report they get them all the time (most likely liars) but most people aren't getting any, with acception of messages (myself included).

For now, your notifications will be in the notification section of the home page of the facebook app. As far as I know, the only workaround is to set your FaceBook account up to email you everytime someone pokes you, commments on your status, comments on something you commented on, etc. I'd recommend turning off auto-update or scaling it back a little bit as it will auto update everytime you open the app (if I'm not mistaken).

Oh, okay.. Thank you. I actually did get a couple msgs this morning.. But they also stopped coming in. I guess I'll just have to wait till they fix the bug :3

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this can be frustrating for the FaceBook fans, which I know there is a lot of lol. FaceBook has to fix the app on there end. One of there releases (I believe the one before this one) Had it right with notifications. So lets hope they release a fix eventually.

plasticglock

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't use facebook that much but I did set it up on that widget. Mine appears to work. When I scroll across that screen I usually see something different from one of my friends. I don't know how often it updates but mine is updating.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't use facebook that much but I did set it up on that widget. Mine appears to work. When I scroll across that screen I usually see something different from one of my friends. I don't know how often it updates but mine is updating.

That's just status updates. I think what the OP is referring to is they are used to getting a notification each time someone comments on their status, likes their status, comments on something they commented on, etc. (just like you get a notification for email or a popup for a text message)

Yeah this can be frustrating for the FaceBook fans, which I know there is a lot of lol. FaceBook has to fix the app on there end. One of there releases (I believe the one before this one) Had it right with notifications. So lets hope they release a fix eventually.

I got like 4 notifications with that update and nothing else after that or with the most recent update. Looks like you were one of the lucky 3 people that it actually worked for.

levite805

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Well i found a workaround that works for me. It isn't perfect but if you want instant push notification and the ability to know by the icon and the tone that it is for facebook then this would work for you.

The first thing is to make a new gmail addy and set it as your primary in Facebook (under account settings).

Make sure to check ALL of the email checkboxes in the notifications tab in Facebook

On your Gmail app on your phone, add a second account to this dedicated email address

Next, you download the app "Gmail Notifier" (it's free)

The app allows you to set a custom ringtone and icon for all emails that come into that new addy!

And that's it! Push notifications for facebook (indirectly at least)

bstrin2

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was worried I was the only one having this problem! I thought I had set up facebook texts, but I never got any. So I went in today and they were all off! I set them up again and now I am at least getting texts. Every now and then I get a facebook notification (it has never worked well since I got my Evo) but only for direct messages and friend requests. I hope they fix it soon, I love Android, but it gets old because I have to open the app to check notifications!

PharmNerd

May 19, 2011
pharmnerd.com
I was worried I was the only one having this problem! I thought I had set up facebook texts, but I never got any. So I went in today and they were all off! I set them up again and now I am at least getting texts. Every now and then I get a facebook notification (it has never worked well since I got my Evo) but only for direct messages and friend requests. I hope they fix it soon, I love Android, but it gets old because I have to open the app to check notifications!
I just downloaded the FriendCaster app from the Market this morning. I think I actually like it better than the official FB app -- and the notifications actually work.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I honestly get them instantly and I have facebook set to not refresh at all.. it's strange..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay