stock android

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont believe thats possible right now. I might be wrong. But Ive herd Motorola locks the phone. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a gingerbread launcher for the time being...I dont like that when I switch screens the page indicator covers the bottom buttons with blur

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Once someone figures out how to unlock the boot loader you will be able to put custom roms on the device but for now changing the launcher will at least get you closer to clean.

dageniusal

Jan 20, 2011
www.lavidabello.com
Question: Does running a different launcher mean that Motoblur stops running? I'm concerned that it's constantly updating in the background and eating my battery. I don't so much hate the look and feel, just want better battery life.

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes its running in the background as far as I know. I dont have stuff on their thats constantly updating though..

I'm new to this android scene so I could be wrong.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Running a different launcher means that the Motoblur extras will not function. They still might be running in the background but you will not see them.

As for being able to run stock android. Until it is hacked correctly, no. The locked boot-loader denies access to the boot image. This will cause a device with root access to not have full control over the boot images and things of that nature.

Don't give up hope though because just look at how much progress the Droid 2 and Droid X have made over the past 6 or 7 months. They don't have access to the boot but devs have created work arounds so that you can change a lot and flash roms. It is limited but it still offers a lot.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i dont even have one yet. i have an inspire, but the battery life, crappy external speaker, and the so so gps have me looking else where

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Question: Does running a different launcher mean that Motoblur stops running? I'm concerned that it's constantly updating in the background and eating my battery. I don't so much hate the look and feel, just want better battery life.

No, cause theres no widgets running from MotoBlur thats needing to be updated.

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just be sure and delete everything that's currently on your motoblur homepages when switching over to your fancy new launcher such as ADW or LauncherPro, and then set those screens up, leaving your motoblur launcher empty.