Can't Bill my AT&T account for Apps on Market Place???

fulnixaltec

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Thanks in Advance for the help. I'm a newb to android have had BB's and WM6.5 in the past. Jumped up to the Atrix and I love it so far. My issue is that when I select the option to bill my AT&T account for applications and on the authorizing purchase portion of the marketplace I get: Attention A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.

I can download free apps all day long.

My address is correct in Google checkout and Bill my AT&T account is also selected there.

I have spoken to AT&T multiple times, they say everything is correct and the last CSR I spoke to recommended I look for my solution on the internet (awesome support for a top end phone)

I have spoken to Motorola multiple times who refers me to googles automated hotlines that have no one there

I love this phone but if this is the type of support that is out there for google devices I am likely to go back to AT&T and get a WP7 phone. I never had issues like this with any of my WM6.5 devices. Android Central you are my last hope, sorry for the rant, thanks again in advance.

fulnixaltec

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no explaination for this. But I looked at my apps and Marketplace was hanging trying to download the google maps app. So I canceled the download. Then restarted it and let it run it's course. After that thought I'd try downloading Copilot again. This time it worked. This is my concern now, I have no issue going to the forums I get more help here than anywhere else on all of my phones. But is this the level of support I am to expect from Motorola and Google? If so I will keep the phone because I love the phone but it may be my last Android/Motorola phone.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the original post....

I was getting the same thing on mine so I went through and cleared the application out to see what that would do and now I don't even have the option to charge it to my AT&T account.

I was able to charge something to our account last night on my wife's cappy without any issue. Her number is listed as the primary number on our family plan. Are you by chance on a family plan and listed as a secondary number on the account?

fulnixaltec

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea Motorola's advice was a hard reset of the device and make a new gmail account. This didn't work and in fact killed the function of the home and search key causing me to have to reset the phone a second time. Initially after the reset I also did not have the option listed in my marketplace to bill AT&T. I have no explanation of why or how it came back other than it was the google maps update that was hanging. I really like the device but I expected much more from Motorola and Google for that matter. I still consider them good companies but customer support is where you retain customers and spread word of mouth and build a brand from the inside out. Right now i see google as growing to big too fast. Motoorla while not designing the operating system should support a device the manufacture. Their reps were not only unhelpful but just plain rude. I worked as a national CSR for many years and taught our business customers how to service our equipment and also helped many of them do so for their end user customers. So I think I know a little about what I'm talking about, love the phone still, disappointed in Moto and Google, they need to shape up. Also is this why some of the reports show that less people are spending money on Android apps than on IOS and WP7 apps, could it be as easy as an access issue. If thats the case i fear you will next see developers go to platforms where they make more money. Again I hope thats not the case or at least they clean this mess up soon. Again sorry for the rant, still annoyed.

Visual360

Dec 9, 2010
www.visual360photography.com
I didn't read the whole thread, but I've found out that using ATT to charge only works over 3Gs, and not over wifi. So every time I want to charge to my ATT, I turn off my wifi.

Anyway, not sure if that's answer you wanted, but it works for me. Also, charging to ATT only works in the US I think. If the charges are in euro, then the ATT option wont even come on.

Guppy.

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't read the whole thread, but I've found out that using ATT to charge only works over 3Gs, and not over wifi. So every time I want to charge to my ATT, I turn off my wifi.

Anyway, not sure if that's answer you wanted, but it works for me. Also, charging to ATT only works in the US I think. If the charges are in euro, then the ATT option wont even come on.

I had the option on my phone but i couldnt click it aith wifi so i turned it off and tried with just 3G but the same thing happened after a little while of trying the "bill to account" option wasn't thers anymore. I have used it before so I don't think it's a problem with the phone

NicholeTech

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My bill to AT&T fails also whether it is wifi or mobile. I have not tried but suspect it may be related to email address difference between the market and AT&T billing. Anyone us the same addy for both?

Sent from (rooted) Max Atrix via TapaTalk

jwolfe99

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My bill to AT&T fails also whether it is wifi or mobile. I have not tried but suspect it may be related to email address difference between the market and AT&T billing. Anyone us the same addy for both?

Sent from (rooted) Max Atrix via TapaTalk
Not sure if it will help but change your email in facebook, if you are using that, to the same as the ATT account and see what happens. Mine are set the same and I have no problems charging to ATT. Hope it fixes your problem.If you are not using FB then try changing the email in Android Market to the ATT side.

Julian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781