So Long Atrix....Back to The Inspire

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Well after a week of messing around with the Atrix, I see why I have stayed away from Motorola phones.

- The call quality issues are to much. Every other phone call it seems they can't hear me and they hear echoes and this happens everywhere regardless of my signal. It can't be just a simple SIM swap.

- The size of the icons are to small and the color of the screen is much more vibrant on the Inspire.

- The keyboard and text are way to small on the Atrix and especially hate to double tap the send button in order to send a text in landscape mode.

- The camera is ok, and the photos appear small when viewing them in the gallery.

Don't get me wrong this phone is fast and has some great features to it but I've decided even though the battery drains faster on the Inspire, that the Atrix is just not the phone I thought all the hype was about regardless of the dual core chip. Anybody else make the switch back to the Inspire? I know a few of you have both devices like me.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the Inspire, but at the end of the day if I have to constantly worry about the battery it is useless. Plus, because of the form factor it is very unlikely to ever see a higher capacity battery. Having lived through this with the Evo it's just not worth it. Defeats the purpose of owning a good smart phone.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered that you might have had a problem with your particular Atrix? I did some testing with placing calls and the sound quality for both sides has been very good. I have no issues with audio on mine.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm not the only one having this issue and I'm not gonna go back and forth exchanging phones til I find one that works well. I clearly think it is a mic issue. Overall I think Motorola could've done a better job but that just my 2 cents!

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That's cool. Do what you prefer that suites you.

But I just don't see the point of people making these kinds of threads. Blogger and Wordpress would be the proper outlets.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Call quality is superb on this phone, I can make calls on the red line and hear just fine. Icon size can be fixed with a launcher/rooting, and I'm pretty sure you can adjust brightness, contrast, etc. with a root as well. As for the keyboard, there are so many options out there for you.

You forget, this is android, if you have an issue outside of hardware you can fix it 99% of the time. Can't say much about the camera, but how high quality does it really need to be? If I'm going for some high res, professional looking photos I'll grab the DSLR. I'm not worried if my pictures from barhopping last weekend aren't perfect.

On another note, the inspire is a great phone too, I love the build quality and screen size. I just prefer the overall size and resolution of the Atrix better. Not to mention it'll hold value a lot longer, at least processing wise. A year from now when everything is dual core I'll be glad I have this.

stray

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the Inspire, but at the end of the day if I have to constantly worry about the battery it is useless.

I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. Inspire had a great screen and camera, but the crappy battery made the whole experience miserable for me. After 10 days with the Inspire and almost 10 days with the Atrix there's no going back for me.

danmat11

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
went to inspire

The atrix is a awesome build. There was a lag issue and unresponsive touch screen i could not get around. My only issues with it. Got the inspire and am very happy with its build also. Speaker could be bigger. Battery could be bigger. There are some on the market that will solve that issue. Both have their good/bad spots. Dual core on atrix is not that much faster than single core. Plenty of comparison videos out there. BOTTOM LINE...... GET WHAT MAKES YA HAPPY:cool:

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
ill stick with my atrix....for now

The atrix is a awesome build. There was a lag issue and unresponsive touch screen i could not get around. My only issues with it. Got the inspire and am very happy with its build also. Speaker could be bigger. Battery could be bigger. There are some on the market that will solve that issue. Both have their good/bad spots. Dual core on atrix is not that much faster than single core. Plenty of comparison videos out there. BOTTOM LINE...... GET WHAT MAKES YA HAPPY:cool:

Yeah i have noticed the lagging as well, which is annoying but put it to sleep an wake up an its fine. though one shouldnt have to do that. I had the inspire as well and it worked well, only issue was the battery. maybe it is a software issue since this is the first dual core phone. idk hopefully it will be addressed. i dont wanna have to buy the inspire again lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca