No SMS Notification...

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Im know Android pretty well. A friend of mine recently got the Atrix, she's had a few problems with it. When she gets a text, it just vibrates. No notification at all. What can she do to fix this? The volume is all the way up, and all the settings are clearly on. Has anyone had this problem or maybe any solutions?

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea. I actually looked at it myself. Everything was turned on. I turned vibrate off and sent a test text to her. Nothing. No sound. It would vibrate when vibrate was turned on. And she said her alarm works as well.

I didn't try to take the barry out, but I'm sure it would've been a temporary solution

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
In settings, sound, make sure your notification sounds are turned up. I have had this happen because notifications were turned down. If not, the hardware is obviously defective.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I did look at that. It was set as the same as the ringtone. I turned that off and set the notification to a different level of loudness, still nothing. I'll try a rest when I see her tomorrow. If that's a no go, I'll tell her to take it to AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana