Hide files?

vay23

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Made the switch from blackberry to android finally and I'm loving it but there's one thing that I loved with my Bold 9700 that I can't seem to find a way to do on my Atrix, and that's hiding files (specifically pictures and videos). Does anyone know if there's a way to do this and if so how?

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What did you use to hide files on the BlackBerry? I never herd of a program like that. Im also a BlackBerry Convert. Had BB for 3 years and loved it. The Bold 9700 was my favorite phone ever. Then switched to Android with the Captivate and never looked back.

vay23

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It was already built in to the BB, when you first open the media folder you press menu, then explore and file the file you want to hide and the press menu, properties and select hidden and voila.

Reventrant

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Go with Hide It Pro. It shows up as an audio manager in your apps list. Photovault is good, but it's sooo obvious what it's there to do that the files aren't really hidden, just password protected which your significant other may demand to have. Hide it Pro even has a dummy password you can set, which when entered will open the "vault" but show it as being empty.

Reactions: IceDree

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to make sure the file management program you are using has the option for displaying hidden files turned off.

Thanks for pointing that out , I tried that with the stock File Manager , I'll try downloading ASTRO & check it out

Thanks , much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon