Car Dock phone call audio over radio

macboatus

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post and am looking for some help with the car dock for the Atrix. I've connected the dock to the cigarette lighter power adapter so the phone can charge. I've also connected the 3.5mm jack to a cassette tape adapter and this works well for playing Pandora and the like over the car stereo system. So far, so good.

The problem I'm having is that whenever anyone makes a phone call to me while I have the phone docked and I'm listening to Pandora over the radio, I only hear the ringtone coming from the Atrix's speakerphone, not over the stereo speakers. Additionally, when I answer the call, I hear the caller's voice over the speakerphone as well instead of over the car speakers. This makes it difficult to hear even if I turn off the stereo. The caller can hear me fine, though, which is great.

How do I get the audio, both ringtone and voice, to broadcast over the stereo speakers? My old iPhone 3G did this just fine by default. I'm guessing I haven't configured something correctly but I can't figure out what. Any ideas? Thanks!

eecsuic

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
macboatus,

When you initiate call form an Atrix while it is in the car dock, the call defaults to the phone's internal speakerphone mode. You can tell this by looking at the "speaker" soft key in the lower right corner of the display. The soft key's green actuator will be lit.

If you then press the "speaker" soft key, the phone will switch from the phone's internal speakerphone to the the car's speakers (assuming the you have somehow connected the car dock's audio "line out" connection to it. Not the most intuitive set up. Anyway, hope this helps.

eecsuic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair