Just played with the Atrix

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't impressed. Why? Motoblur purhaps? I was looking forward to this phone on AT&T. Maybe it was just me?:confused:

BTW, how is the LED notification? Does it light up in different colors like the Blackberry when it has BeBuzz installed?

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The phone is much more impressive once you get yourself acquainted with it. I wasn't too impressed at first either but then installed LauncherProPlus and now I love it. And no, it only light up green but you can download an app similar to BerryBuzz.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Go back to the store, grab the phone, go to the market, install Launcher Pro (or other 3rd party launcher) and see if your 2nd impression is better.

LED works fine. Many on here have been installing Light Flow which sets different colors for each application. There are also several audio profile managers that allow you to set different profiles for ringers/notifications like the Bberry has.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just played with it last night at the ATT store and I was impressed. Can't wait until the 17th (when my current contract runs out).

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't impressed. Why? Motoblur purhaps? I was looking forward to this phone on AT&T. Maybe it was just me?:confused:

BTW, how is the LED notification? Does it light up in different colors like the Blackberry when it has BeBuzz installed?

That's funny. I played with and loved it so much that I came back to play with it the next day. I would buy it if it wasn't on AT&T. It made me make up my mind to get the Droid Bionic when it gets released. It's probably the best hardware for a smartphone that I've seen (and this is coming from a guy who has to have a physical qwerty keyboard).

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Synacom

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I played with it a few times in the store and wasnt really impressed but i am sure when i buy mine tomorrow, It will be different.

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I had apprehensions about this phone when it came out after seeing the first reviews and impressions of it so I bought the Inspire. After about a week with the Inspire I couldn't stand it anymore and got the Atrix also. All I can say is Wow! I am not disappointed one bit with it and I like Motoblur. Yes, it has its quirks but as far as lag and low signal strength I haven't had that on this phone. The storage is immense. I cannot say enough good things about this phone. The only bad thing is I have to return my Inspire and I like it too so I might just keep both. You will love the Atrix though.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it also depends on what type of device you are coming from too. If you are coming from a previously higher end Android devjce, it may not seem to be such a mind blowing device. But if you are coming from a simple smartphone like a BlackBerry or Palm device, its going to seem like the greatest thing in the world. I would love to have a phone like the Atrix if it had a slide out keyboard and if it were on Verizon.

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I came from a blackberry. The thing I like about the Atrix is the ability to change the LED notification to different colors. That's why I would switch. Lol I know it sounds silly but that's what I miss with my Blackberry and on the G2 you can't change the LED to different colors: Maybe someone will find a way. I'm still getting use to the touch screen keyboard

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

i thought i would dislike motoblur, but it was really because so many people who complained about it. on the atrix, it was fine by me. i did however switch to adw ex launcher which i love even more than blur. speed is remarkable, but the battery life does suck! i will hopefully purchase another battery from the A/C store, but i'm hoping there is going to be a charger that can charge it up without it being in the phone like I had with my Bold batteries.

Playing with a phone that is for demo in a store will not compare to using a fresh from box version.

agreed

I just played with it last night at the ATT store and I was impressed. Can't wait until the 17th (when my current contract runs out).

unless it's with another company other than AT&T, you should still be able to upgrade if you're that close. in fact, you're usually eligible to upgrade 3 months prior to your contract being over on a 2 year contract or one month prior on a 1 year contract.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I came from a blackberry. The thing I like about the Atrix is the ability to change the LED notification to different colors. That's why I would switch. Lol I know it sounds silly but that's what I miss with my Blackberry and on the G2 you can't change the LED to different colors: Maybe someone will find a way. I'm still getting use to the touch screen keyboard
i believe it has to do with HTC and their devices and the LEDs they put in.

i may be wrong, just thought i read that somewhere, that they only had two led colors and that only those two separately or simultaneously could be used.

Last edited:

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
BTW, ATT refused to give me back unlimited data. :( I'm using over 1GB on TMobile and that was in 10 days so imagine if I get the Atrix. Still deciding. I have one more day left.

MrszBerry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully there will be a hack for that.
i believe it has to do with HTC and their devices and the LEDs they put in.

i may be wrong, just thought i read that somewhere, that they only had to led colors and that only those two separately or simultaneously could be used.

rewd

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The first time I played with this phone I wasn't impressed either. I thought the screen looked dull and not bright at all. Oddly enough I found the same thing on the Inspire. I couldn't understand why everyone was liking these screens so much.

So today I checked them both out again, looked under the settings and found on both phones the brightness of the screen was turned down to 3/4. WTH? Why would these stores do this? It's not like it affects battery life since they have them on chragers.

So I turned up the brightness on both demos and WOW both the Inspire and the Atrix have gorgeous screens. Now I can't decide again. :)

The size of the Atrix and the overall feel of the phone is way more appealing to me then that huge Inspire but I like Sense a lot (Motoblur is lame but not too terribly offensive) and I find it easier to type on HTC phones. So if I get the Atrix I'll probably download launcherpro and a better virtual keyboard.

That's been my experience so far.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The first time I played with this phone I wasn't impressed either. I thought the screen looked dull and not bright at all. Oddly enough I found the same thing on the Inspire. I couldn't understand why everyone was liking these screens so much.

So today I checked them both out again, looked under the settings and found on both phones the brightness of the screen was turned down to 3/4. WTH? Why would these stores do this? It's not like it affects battery life since they have them on chragers.

So I turned up the brightness on both demos and WOW both the Inspire and the Atrix have gorgeous screens. Now I can't decide again. :)

The size of the Atrix and the overall feel of the phone is way more appealing to me then that huge Inspire but I like Sense a lot (Motoblur is lame but not too terribly offensive) and I find it easier to type on HTC phones. So if I get the Atrix I'll probably download launcherpro and a better virtual keyboard.

That's been my experience so far.
the atrix comes with Swype built in and i love it. also, i use ADW EX Launcher instead of Launcher Pro and couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar