Cant install new swype keyboard!!""

feerlessleadr

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
if i read the swype forums correctly, we can't use the new beta swype keyboard because swype ships with the atrix and cannot be removed (at least easily).

In order to install the new keyboard, the old one must be uninstalled first (according to the swype website), which since we can't do, we cannot use the new beta version.

Hopefully I am wrong and someone knows how to do that.

resin99

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and downloaded the installer but im still stuck at some licensing error. It says I need to disable swype but I don't see the option.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted and downloaded the installer but im still stuck at some licensing error. It says I need to disable swype but I don't see the option.

make a backup to another folder of the Swype.apk in the /system/app folder and the libSwypeCore.co in the /system/lib folder. use Titanium Backup to uninstall Swype. you should then get passed the licensing error.

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
so has anyone successfully installed it? any hiccups with the process? I'm rooted and I HATE the "hidden word" popup.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
yes, i have installed it. i actually tried installing the beta that was released prior to this March 10 beta and it didn't installed because the screen resolution of the Atrix is not supported. i then used the Swype.apk backup that i copied to another folder to reinstall the OEM Swype. when this new beta came out, i just used Titanium Backup to uninstall Swype again and the beta installed fine this time. i initially just renamed the Swype.apk to Swype.apk.old and the libSwypeCore.co to libSwypeCore.co.old but i got the same licensing error that resin got. Swype has to be uninstalled properly to avoid the licensing error.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
the swype that is installed is fine by me... what are the reasons some are installing the new betas? are they bugs in the pre-installed one?

calvin398

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me? I accidentally deleted my oem swype apk and library. Could I get help getting the original files back? Thanks so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC