1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Cant install new swype keyboard!!""

Well the new swype keyboard was launched today and when i went to install the apk i downloaded from the website, i get a message saying its not a trusted certificate so it wont install! any solutions?

Heres the release link btw:

are you rooted? att android phones are locked down to only use apps from the market
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No im running stock, that's so bull**** of att to do that! So i have to root the phone in order to download the new keyboard?

if i read the swype forums correctly, we can't use the new beta swype keyboard because swype ships with the atrix and cannot be removed (at least easily).

In order to install the new keyboard, the old one must be uninstalled first (according to the swype website), which since we can't do, we cannot use the new beta version.

Hopefully I am wrong and someone knows how to do that.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I'm rooted and downloaded the installer but im still stuck at some licensing error. It says I need to disable swype but I don't see the option.

Quote Originally Posted by resin View Post
    I'm rooted and downloaded the installer but im still stuck at some licensing error. It says I need to disable swype but I don't see the option.
    make a backup to another folder of the Swype.apk in the /system/app folder and the libSwypeCore.co in the /system/lib folder. use Titanium Backup to uninstall Swype. you should then get passed the licensing error.

so has anyone successfully installed it? any hiccups with the process? I'm rooted and I HATE the "hidden word" popup.

yes, i have installed it. i actually tried installing the beta that was released prior to this March 10 beta and it didn't installed because the screen resolution of the Atrix is not supported. i then used the Swype.apk backup that i copied to another folder to reinstall the OEM Swype. when this new beta came out, i just used Titanium Backup to uninstall Swype again and the beta installed fine this time. i initially just renamed the Swype.apk to Swype.apk.old and the libSwypeCore.co to libSwypeCore.co.old but i got the same licensing error that resin got. Swype has to be uninstalled properly to avoid the licensing error.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

the swype that is installed is fine by me... what are the reasons some are installing the new betas? are they bugs in the pre-installed one?
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    the swype that is installed is fine by me... what are the reasons some are installing the new betas? are they bugs in the pre-installed one?
    the "hidden word" popup is annoying

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Can someone help me? I accidentally deleted my oem swype apk and library. Could I get help getting the original files back? Thanks so much.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
    the "hidden word" popup is annoying
    i had that issue on my nexus one, but with the atrix, i haven't had that pop up yet. not even sure why.
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast