Interfacing Atrix with Pioneer AVIC X710T

Akira_Yuki

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently ordered my Atrix online, and I am still learning to work on Android (after being an iphone user for several years)....I had a question regarding connecting my Atrix phone to a Pioneer X710bt Head Unit that I currently have the CD-IU230V cable for my ex-iphone 3G. I didn't know if any such cable existed with a micro-USB on one end and the RCA/USB interface on the other!...

Also, I was reading through reviews on the Atrix Vehicle Dock (89456N) and wasn't sure if I should go ahead and buy it due to not knowing if it could interface with my AVIC HU...any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!!

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking to hook up your Atrix to your Pioneer unit in a "iPod connectivity" fashion, then its not possible. It is infact not possible with any Android phone.

Akira_Yuki

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking to hook up your Atrix to your Pioneer unit in a "iPod connectivity" fashion, then its not possible. It is infact not possible with any Android phone.

Thanks shashankmittal!...then is there any other way to interface Android with Pioneer HU's (apart from A2DP, I guess)?

Akira_Yuki

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
No. Handsfree, contacts and streaming audio. That's it. I use my Atrix with my AVIC Z110BT.

Thanks hawks25....I successfully paired my Atrix to AVIC HU today and tried transfering my phone contacts but the HU displayed an error message saying Dataloading failed...any ideas as to why this is happening?

hawks25

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks hawks25....I successfully paired my Atrix to AVIC HU today and tried transfering my phone contacts but the HU displayed an error message saying Dataloading failed...any ideas as to why this is happening?

No clue. I don't have to actively transfer my contacts to my HU. Once it pairs it can view my contacts. Might be a HU difference. Sorry I can't help here. Try AVIC411, they might have an answer.

Reactions: Akira_Yuki

robrj

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For the car dock, you can get an IP-Bus to 3.5mm cord (the car dock takes a 3.5mm male plug). The IP-Bus plug fits into the back of your unit. It's only for music playback though. I don't think it'll give you any control over the phone. You'll still have to use the car dock controls.

140.jpg