Atrix w/Froyo

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Question for you all with the Atrix. First I played with it for 10min in an ATT store and then I played with the Inspire. I had them both on Android Central and played the Samsung 10" tablet video. The Inspire had no lag or problem with flash. The phone was less laggy than the Atrix.

I say this to ask is it that Froyo was not that compatible with the chip or processor of the Atrix? I want to like this phone and want to replace my Cappy with it but man it lagged a lot just switching from app to app or bringing up websites like AC as compared to the Inspire which was right next to it in the store. I thought I read somewhere that the processor will work better with gingerbread.. I'm not tech savey so thought I'd ask you guys/gals with the phone..

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the Snapdragon processors are faster overall when it comes to navigating the OS. It also cojld be that the Sense UI is smoother than motoblur. But I have noticed that my EVO seemed faster than the Droid X I used to own.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.4 (aka, Gingerbread) is supposed to have extensions in the API for dual core processors. Until then, there is no optimization nor widespread use of the dual processors, particularly in the UI.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was shocked/disappointed...but I'll see what happens with this phone as it hopefully gets gingerbread in the not to distant future..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair