New Back Cover

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok, not my best day... just got my Atrix today (love it) and I've already dropped it twice... -.- ya... Luckily the scratches are very minor and only on the cover on the back that you pull off. Is there anywhere I can buy a new one? Thanks.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a damn slippery little thing isn't it? I was surprised...it tried slipping out of my hands every chance it got, no matter how I held it. Coming from the BB Bold 9000 with that fake carbon leather/whatever back that comes default on it, this was hard for me to get used to.

A case fixes it, but it adds a ton of bulk. I even got the Impact case from Otterbox (which is supposed to be the least bulky they have, I believe) and it is still bulky looking to me, and it doesn't allow the HD multimedia dock or the vehicle dock to work, so I have to take it out and put it back in. Luckily, it takes all of 2 seconds to take it on and off.

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
25 BUCKS??? :O lol... no I'll keep my dinged up back lol. But thanks for the link :)
@jonneh
IT IS! I ordered a case as soon as I got home and i thought the commuter case was supposed to be the thinnest? I'll have to double check.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my friend who uses a vanilla droid was playing with it and it slipped out of his hand like 3 times, luckily he was sitting in my car so it just fell on his lap. He said the thing was like a bar of soap haha, and come to think of it, thats a pretty good analogy considering its size too. I have small hands, so it stays planted for me pretty well, at least i think it stays planted because my hands are small... maybe i have grippy skin o_O

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah.. it definitely need a case... the atrix slip thru my hand when i was playing with it on my bed with my wife on my side... and the phone just fall on her face :p

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
@jonneh
IT IS! I ordered a case as soon as I got home and i thought the commuter case was supposed to be the thinnest? I'll have to double check.

You're right, Commuter was thinner but didn't offer as much protection, it claims. To be honest (this is my first otterbox), this "Impact" case doesn't seem to offer very much protection in my opinion anyway...perhaps I should've just gotten the commuter one for the added thinness with basically the same protection.
I honestly don't think having this case on will lessen any damage done to my phone if dropped...maybe by 1-5%. :\ but I do enjoy its grippiness..now the phone is far less a "bar of soap" lol. :) I like it for that.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It is a bit slippery but im keeping mine nude. I just really love the look of the phone and can't see putting a case on it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Dantastic

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, not my best day... just got my Atrix today (love it) and I've already dropped it twice... -.- ya... Luckily the scratches are very minor and only on the cover on the back that you pull off. Is there anywhere I can buy a new one? Thanks.

Yeah, I dropped mine as well. and it got a couple of scuffs. I've been searching the interwebz like mad and haven't found any stock replacements. I came across the rubberized door in the link as well, but the price is outrageous :eek:! On amazon and ebay, battery doors are available for other phone models and they all range from 3-10 bucks, even for models that came out like a month and a half ago (EVO shift)...oh well I'll probably go with the commuter case for the time being

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy