HELP! How do I turn off the vibration?

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I got my Atrix last night, and am trying desperately to figure out how to turn off ALL vibration feedback on the phone. I hate the vibration every time I press one of the soft keys on the bottom, it actually hurts my fingers!..

If you can't do this, the phone goes back. Please help! :)

Thanks.

andy957

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's crazy. I just had a "live chat" with a Motorola tech support person online and he (Ron) said "we're sorry for the inconvenience, but it is not optional".

So. Does anyone else here find it incredibly annoying?

(I did a search for the term haptic and found many other threads and posts about this, not only related to the Atrix...in fact, there's a whole Wikipedia page about it.)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it doesnt seem possible. Even with Streak Vibrations. Once you Root your Atrix and use that program, as soon as you reboot it comes on again and you have to manully turn it off everytime. Hopefully someone can hack into the system files and find a way to permantly fix this.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Haptic feedback is only on the 4 menu buttons and its really not that bad. When you glide accross them, haptic feedback kicks in to switch through the screens to. And once when you slide your finger to unlock it on the fingerprint reader. But other then that, thats all it does. Its really not that bad. I wouldnt consider that a deal breaker for the fastest Android Phone thats out right now.

Rickroller

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So is it just haptic feedback that can't be turned of or customized as of right now? Can vibrations for ring tones, sms, IM's still all be customized to your liking?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So is it just haptic feedback that can't be turned of or customized as of right now? Can vibrations for ring tones, sms, IM's still all be customized to your liking?

Yes, definitely! Just the four bottom capacitive buttons and the fingerprint scanner (if you use it)

Reactions: Rickroller

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison